Airtable post error

Hi There,

I am new to this and are playing around with Airtable. I managed to do the get methods of the API but have been having difficulty with the post method. I have looked at other similar issues on the platform but still could not find a solution.
This is my object in airtable.

Capture1

My Schema looks like the below;

I keep getting the below error;

I don`t know what can still be wrong. Tried mostly everything. If someone could just point me in the right direction i would really appreciate that. :grin:

Thank you.

Hi,

have you tried checking the post against httpbin.org and/or using Postman to ensure there’s nothing wrong with the syntax ?

I had a PATCH issue that ended up being a specific Appgyver setting (needed to be in a function with the HTTP request module), have you tried using the HTTP Request Module (not as neat as the Direct method but could be a good test also) ?

-P

Good day,

Thank you for your response. I was playing around with some of what you have advised but in all honesty, i am fairly new at this. Below, please see a screenshot of my postman post request.

Also the response that i am getting.

I have changed the schema to include Id and created time which airtable automatically adds. I have done extensive testing on various schema setups but to no avail. I don`t have any url placeholders or other http headers or anything else setup under the config.
Would it be possible to provide some guidance with this in mind?

Really appreciate the assistance.

I dont believe you’re supposed to wrap the schema with the “records” object. Re-do your schema with just “Fields” on down.

Hi John,

I have done so and tried various different ways. Please see below.

The below is from the airtable rest API

I have to remove the records field when i added it into postman in order for it to work, hence i removed it from the schema as well.

Regards,

1 Like

Your “Fields” needs to be lowercase “f”: “fields” not “Fields”

2 Likes

Hi John,

After very long days and hundreds of tests i cant believe that i was missing something so small and stupid.
Got it to work. Thanks a million. Became so frustrated. :slight_smile:

I’m blushing with stupidity. Thanks a lot John.

1 Like

Lol It happens to the best of us! Good to see it works now!

1 Like

Hi,

I am going mad. I’ve spent 2 days trying to setup Airtable REST API data configuration… :rage:

I am stuck on POST and PUT config. GET COLLECTION (GET) GET RECORD (GET) and DELETE RECORD (DELETE) is fine

BASE config :

GET COLLECTION (GET) config :

GET COLLECTION (GET) test

GET COLLECTION (GET) schema setup

CREATE RECORD (POST) config

CREATE RECORD (POST) custom schema (tried also with GET schema)

CREATE RECORD (POST) record properties

CREATE RECORD (POST) test

I still got this error saying that fields object is not found…

Error: JSON error response from server: {“error”:{“type”:“INVALID_REQUEST_MISSING_FIELDS”,“message”:“Could not find field “fields” in the request body”}}.status: 422

I think everything is correct.
is this a temporary issue related to the data test problem?
https://forums.appgyver.com/t/rest-data-source-run-test-no-longer-working/13026/12
can you try at home please?

Thank you !

Hi! The ticket you linked is going to be fixed in Composer release 3536 (you can see the version under Community tab). As for your specific problem, it might be fixed by the same fix but it might not – can you open the developer console of your browser and check what the outgoing network request looks like? If you can compare it to a request made from Postman and see the differences that would be most helpful. It could give us more clues as to what is going wrong here.