App not compatible with Samsung Galaxy 5

Hi

Just doing some testing and one of my friend’s phone is quite old (not sure yet what version of Android he is running…) but he cannot download the app in testing because it is not compatible with the phone’s software.

Just wondering if there is any documentation around on what software versions (Android and IOS) that AppGyver is compatible with?

Thanks
Paul

The minimum version is SDK24 (Android 7) and targeted is SDK30 (Android 11) although it will work on Android 12/13 but there could be inconsistencies.

The reason for SDK24 is a requirement from the Google Playstore, so they cannot support anything older.

iOS min version is 14.0 and arm64. Not sure if there is a maximum version

One other thing to note: if your targeting a specific region for your published app and its not appearing for a user than get them to check their Google Play settings as they could potentially be set to a different region. We came across this issue for a specific customer.

Oh and I’m not sure if this is documented anywhere, I pulled these from our published app.

1 Like

Hi,
Good answer, but a small correction: The minimum Android SDK soon will be 26 (8.0) that was released in 2017. It was recently bumped to avoid issues with deprecated versions.

Thanks for that.
Quick question, and being daft probably…but with respect to the targeted version for Android. So someone running 12 or 13 can download it, but it may not work? Presumably I have to upload a new version to Google Play after AppGyver has altered the target version? How do I know when this has happened, when to produce updates?

Thanks
Paul

So someone running 12 or 13 can download it, but it may not work?

Android phones from Android version 8 (Oreo) will work.

How do I know when this has happened, when to produce updates?

Changes like these are posted on our change-log: Changelog - AppGyver and noted in the app builder documentation: