App stopped working in preview web and app

App stopped working in preview web and app Do you know why?
the problem is that it stucks on loading

the unusual thing is that this happened over night and i didnt change anything in the app that could make it not loading I think someone from appgyver team could help me?

Hi, if you’re still experiencing this, could you please make a ticket about the issue in the Tracker and provide your application ID in the ticket so we can look into it: Bug Reports | AppGyver

Thank you!

1 Like

I actually have the same issue.

heres the report , you can vote and comment your problem with your app id

(I still cant use any kind of preview for my app)

I even rolled back in history 3 days and still nothing, the only clue i get is this message when i try to open the page in the preview app

@Mevi do you think this something i can fix myself?
Because even though i think this has to do with the wifi connection, my wifi is good and the other apps work fine.

Is anyone from appgyver team available to help me, because i cant work at my app at all without preview.
Any help is appreciated

Ummmmmm well you can start by opening the app in web preview and open your browser’s developer console and see what the error is more precisely? It can be for example that you have no page set as initial page or in navigation menu or something, which can cause issues? Check these and get back to me with the id of your app so that I can have a look myself if none of the things above help.

Hi @Mevi Thank you so much for your interest,
This is what i get in the developer console

My app id is
Is it something i can deal by myself?

And after a while this is what i get

Hmm :thinking: It does not sound like something you can fix as it says the encoding has gotten mangled. I’ll ask someone from the platform team to have a look, as I doubt I’ll be any wiser even if I go and look at your app myself…

Alright, thank you so much, Do you think its something thats not going to be solved, because i have put so much effort into this app.

So far every time there has been a problem with something similar to this it has gotten solved, so I would expect it to get sorted out. The team is already having a look :slight_smile: Hopefully it’ll get sorted out soon. The worry is that if your app is very big, this can happen just because of the timeout of the request and is not an actual problem with the encoding. But we will see what they find out.

Wooo im so impressed of the respond time someone already is in my app!
I see what you mean, the truth, is that i think maybe there are many containers… But we will see…

If there is any progress made, please give me a notice, because unfortunately, there is no other way for communicating with the team. Thank you in advance Mevi

Hi!

Seems like the problem is that it takes too long to parse. The team member looking into that did some improvements into the parsing that will improve the situation in the future (parsing will become more efficient), but it might take some days before it is out in production.

Meanwhile, the problem is you have some very large and inefficient formulas in use :sweat_smile: so if you want to get developing before that, I recommend removing/improving some of them. Example of offending formulas:

IF(IF(IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “j”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “k”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “l”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “m”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “n”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “o”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “p”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “q”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “r”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “s”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “t”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “u”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “v”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “w”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “x”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “y”), false, true) == false, IF(IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “z”), false, true) == false, true, false), false), false), false), false), false), false), false), false), false), false), false), false), false), false), false), false), true, false), 0, theme["$spacing_component_XXS"])

I’m not sure I even understand what’s going on here, but there must be a better way – if you want to tell me more about the situation I can see if I can help :sweat_smile:

Hahaha to tell you the truth i cant find this formula anywhere,
I know, that i use this kind of formula:

IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “a”), false, true)

in every one of these green containers, in order to determine their visibility, based on whether or not a value (letter that is assigned to each container), exists in a string of letters coming from backend.

I dont know, if AG automatically adds all the formulas together (in this way i need to use a different way to do that) or if i have this huge formula somewhere, by mistake (in this way it would be helpful if someone from the team can help me with where this formula is located)
(i Thought i just found where i use this huge formula)

Also an other question i have, is whether or not having a separate variable for this part for example

FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”)

( because its repeated and used in many different formulas)
would help the performance of the app, or if it doesnt make any difference using a variable or using this every time.
FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”)

I hope you understand what i mean. Thanks

@Mevi Hi Mevi, I’m having problems in seeing my app both on mobile and desktop version of the preview. I’m as beginner as I can be and my app isn’t very complex at all… id:336103. If it helps, it stopped working after i tried to apply the first logic to a component. Can you please help? Thank you very much!

@Dimos_Vamvourellis the fix with more efficient parsing was pushed to production, so you may already be able to open your app without issue :slight_smile: Still, it’d be good to do lighter formulas for your app so it would be more efficient and smooth running :sweat_smile:

What you’re describing does not sound too bad – if you only have for a container this formula IF(CONTAINS(STRING(LOOKUP(data.closed1, FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL(ADD_DURATION(pageVars.current_date, 1,“days”), “dddd”))), “a”), false, true), but there are a lot of those containers and it would be better to have them repeated than static like you have, as that is more efficient :sweat_smile:

Yes, having a separate variable for the part that is repeated a lot helps, and it also makes your formulas more easily readable so I do recommend it :slight_smile:

@Luca_Pascucci can you see what errors you’re getting in web (see thread above)?

Yeah for sur now it works fine, I see what you mean, Because it will be very difficult to make this with repeated component, i decided to set a static value as an output for each container and so the formulas are so much smaller.
As for this,
Yes, having a separate variable for the part that is repeated a lot helps, and it also makes your formulas more easily readable so I do recommend it :slight_smile:
i will definitely implement it a lot now that i know it helps!
Thanks again If i need any more help i will ask you because youre soo helpful