App Store message

I´m getting the following message. Any tips on what the best way to resolve it is? Do I need to resolve it?

As far as I am aware I do not have any Push notifications in my app, so my preferred solution is not to go ahead and register, it is to stop the app from “appearing to register”. I have recently added a few webview components, but these are simply being used to display an image to allow zooming.

ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the ‘aps-environment’ entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the ‘aps-environment’ entitlement. Xcode does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor’s Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see Local and Remote Notification Programming Guide: Configuring Remote Notification Support.

If it’s not preventing your app being published then I wouldn’t worry about it. Did you upload a GoogleService-Info.plist file in your IOS Build Settings?

Thanks John, being new to this I´m not sure what´s an issue and what is safe to ignore. Its like guessing the important car warning lights …

Yes, I have the google file uploaded, I just can´t recall if I saw that warning last time or not. Hopefully it passes through approval again.

Yea, it just sees that you have it enabled in your Build config, but the Push Notification service was never enabled for your Apple App ID (on Apple’s side). I don’t think it should affect whether your app is approved or not though.

1 Like

My app is approved again. No panic required. I will remember to ignore that warning in the future.

Thanks for the replies.