Apple Push Notification permissions request being rejected

When requesting permission for Push Notifications on Apple I saw on here a dialog pops up that says something along the lines of “Push Notifications are required for this app to function…”

That message wording is causing Apple to reject the app. So I checked where we set the permissions Usage Strings in the Apple configuration where i expected to hopefully fix this, and curiously could not find a permission string section for Push Notifications.

Please add this Usage string to the current list or fix this to say anything else except “required”. Push Notifications are always optional.

Thanks

1 Like

I guess what Im gonna do then is check if == “ios” and if so pop up an alert dialog that says “To enable Push Notifications please allow permission in app settings…” and then do a ‘Open Settings’ flow function for the user to set that there. Instead of using that ‘Request Notification Permission’ flow function. I don’t know of another way to get around it for now until a fix comes along.

2 Likes

This worked. Apple just published my app

1 Like

I guess this message is updated, now i see “This app needs you to authorize notifications in order to work” message

@JOHN_WORSHAM, good afternoon, do you use the “Pick image from library” flow function in your app, if so did apple reject your build because the flow function requested camera permission instead of library permission? If so how did you get around this, or does this error not occur in your app?

No, Apple rejected it because the Push Notification request permission dialog that appeared said that Push Notifications were required to use the app when requesting permission. They should never be required. I got around that by not using the Request Notification Permission flow function.

I never got that error with Pick Image from Library

1 Like