Apple won't accept iOS app on 4.3.6 build - ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage

Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Same error with 4.2.12 AND 4.1.6. Guess I can’t update my app on iOS? Wow…

More info:

“The app references non-public selectors in Frameworks/react_native_webview.framework/react_native_webview: estimatedProgress, initWithFrame:configuration:, isMainFrame, navigationType, setNavigationDelegate:, setProcessPool:, targetFrame, userContentController, websiteDataStore. If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed. For further information, visit the Technical Support Information at Requesting Technical Support - Support - Apple Developer

We really need to beg appgyver team to NOT deprecate runtime 3.3.5 as it is the only working runtime.

Well, it works with 3.3.5 but you can’t publish to App Store so it’s useless to most of us. I don’t see anything about this non-public API usage error in https://tracker.appgyver.com/

I have been watching apple consistently close all doors on their platform since they began. It is a closed ecosystem. They do not want anybody to be able to utilize their platform unless you are a staunch macOs xcode developer and customer. They are even discussing banning all react native apps across the board.

Shame…time to go all-in on a web app then.

There is an open apps bill being debated in U.S. which may force both major app stores to play more fairly, but I think one good thing we can do is use alternative app stores. I and my team are developing our own app store as well, and plan to bring an action that will require cell phone manufacturers to allow for independent apps to be able to authenticate their apps in order to prevent the “this app might be harmful” warning.

Same thing for me. I’ve updated your report on the tracker. From what I’ve read it looks like a screw up on Apples end…unless they plan on banning a TON of apps.

EDIT: I’m not saying this is what fixed it, but I saw someone say to accept the new agreement on your dev account and that would fix it. I did that and I now have a build in Test Flight that’s processing. So maybe give that a try and if that’s not what fixed it then I’d say it might just be working now.

1 Like

That was the problem. I accepted the new dev agreement with Apple and the issue was resolved. Thank you!