Apps crashes in two situations when changing calendar months

Hi,

I followed a tutorial to make calendar by Mevi from here

I made some changes to suit my own need. However, there remains two instances when the apps will totally crash

For example, today is the month of February 2021

1. Changing from February 2021 to March 2021 is fine. Changing from March 2021 to February 2021 is fine.

Changing from February 2021 to January 2021 is fine.

However, changing from January 2021 to February 2021 will cause the apps to crash

As the apps crashes, I can’t even use the debugger.

When using the WebApp version, everything works fine and there is no error detected from the Chrome console.

1. Similarly, if I have chosen a selected date in any of the month from the calendar, changing the month / year afterward will cause the apps to crash. And again this is fine when using the WebApp version

My Apps ID is 188030

Please do have a look. Is there anything that I can do to avoid the apps from keep on crashing?

Thank you

Hi! Sorry for the delayed answer :disappointed_relieved:

I think there was a bug with January/February because the app did not take into account properly the fact that February only has 28 days. A fix for this was found by an user here.

Try that out, and if you still have problems, let me know and I’ll have another look!

Thank you for your reply

Actually that was me :see_no_evil:. But still after fixing the bug, I still cannot go back one month / one year, and return to the current month while on mobile.

Everything works fine on WebApp version. It is still a mistery to me why it happened though…

1 Like

Oh :smiley: Hello and thank you!

Hmm sounds odd that it would specifically not work on mobile but would on web – have you tried debug logging / alerting / toasting / otherwise debugging at what stage something odd happens? Have you checked you’re using the same runtime version in web and mobile?

Yup everything is the same.

The good news is, when I’m using the app through the latest AppGyver preview, it no longer crashes!

I suppose it is due to the latest runtime?

However, unfortunately when the app is published using the latest runtime for Android (runtime 2.5.10), the app crashes everytime a new page is opened

Hope you guys could fix this. :blush:

1 Like

Hi! We have a newer version coming up, but I haven’t heard of a bug happening on page opening :thinking: If you can get more information about the crash that would be useful, but otherwise test it when the next version comes out!

I reported the bug in another post and it has now been fixed here

Thank you all of you from AppGyver :smile:

1 Like