Authentication: dismiss initial view does nothing (web)

Hi,

I now added custom 3rd party auth to my web app.
After successful REST based login, I would like to dismiss the initial view and move forward.
However, the flow function “dismiss initial view” does nothing, the login screen stays.
How do I define which page is the one being loaded after “dismiss initial view”?
Or do I need to run Open Page? If yes, when? (there is no output at this flow functin)

Thanks and best,
Jo

1 Like

If i am right, the first page of your navigation is the one that is shown after dismiss initial view.

Hm, does not work for me… once the page switched, most of the time nothing happens although Dismissed is called…

Are you sure that the dismiss function is called? Maybe there is an error at any logic part. And is your logic connected right?

yes, I am sure :slight_smile:

Does it appeal also in preview or only in finished build?
Maybe it’s a bug. I can’t help anymore :see_no_evil:

Hey @Johannes,

Could you post screenshot of your login logic? I tried to reproduce this but it works for me as it’s supposed to.

You define the initial page(log in) in the Auth -tab from the top bar and then the page that will open after you Dismiss the initial view is the 1st page in your navigation stack, in the Nav -tab.

Hey Kristian,

thanks for your reply.
Attached is the screenshot.
I have the navigation menu disabled.

Update: It works indeed only when Navigation menu is enabled.
I guess this is a bug?

Are you using beta or preview.appgyver.com?

Could you check if your app works without navigation on preview-beta.appgyver.com (this is not the latest but if it works then it works on the latest as well)

In Beta is seems to work!
Is there also an App I can use for beta preview on mobile device?
Thanks!

There is a beta program, but since the release is coming very soon there is really no point of going through the process of getting the app. :slight_smile:

so this is what i want to do:

1. user open my app, initial view page is Log in page
  2. if its a new user, goes to signup page
  3. enters username, email, password and hit signup
  4. data get entered in xano but user is still in signup page

in step 4, i want user to go to home page
please help

I’m also having this problem and can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

An auth token comes back from “create record” but “Dismiss initial view” simply clears all data on the signup screen and stays on the signup screen.

I’m using user authentication and only the login and registration screens are allowed to be accessed without authentication. Navigation is enabled and functioning.

After registration, a user can login by going to the login screen but the “Dismiss initial view” function does not take them there.

“Return to Initial View” does work. (App ID: 369407)