Automated testing of completed builds

Hey fellow Gyvers,

Did anybody come up with any kind of e2e test method for native apps that are built with Composer?

How would I go about testing my IOS for a few different personas and “stories” without having to click through them?

1). Yes, there are several ways to perform end-to-end (e2e) tests for native applications created with Composer. One option is to use a test automation tool such as Appium, which is an open-source framework for automating native and hybrid mobile applications. With Appium, you can write test scripts in a variety of programming languages, such as Java, Python, C#, etc., and use these scripts to simulate the user’s interaction with the application on a real device or emulator.

Another option is to use an e2e testing tool such as Detox, which is specifically designed for testing native React Native applications. Detox uses a workflow-based approach to simulate the user’s interaction with the application and verify that it behaves as expected.

In any case, it is important to keep in mind that e2e tests are only a part of the testing process for an application, and it is important to use a combination of different level tests (e.g., unit tests, integration tests, acceptance tests, etc.) to ensure the quality and reliability of the application.

2). One way to test an iOS application for different users or ‘stories’ without having to manually click on each of them is to use a test automation tool such as Appium again.

To use Appium with an iOS application, you must first set up a testing environment with a physical device or an iOS emulator and an Appium server. Then, you can write test scripts that simulate the user’s interaction with the application and include different ‘stories’ or workflows to test. For example, you can write a script that logs in with a different user in each iteration to test the login functionality of the application for different users.

If I watch the video on YouTube again, I will send you the link. I tried to search for it, but I can’t remember the exact date when I saw it. It may be that, without my VPN active, the artificial intelligence did not recommend it to me from Colombia, but someone from Europe was able to find it and show me step by step how to do it.

I appreciate your help a lot. I will look into Appium and will get back here if I figure something useful out.
Thank you very much. :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

With pleasure. Since I am on vacation from today, I will see if I can find that video and send you the link. I believe the website is https://appium.io/

1 Like

Enjoy Your holidays! :tada::tada:

1 Like

Thank you very much. I also wanted to tell you that you have helped many people. I learned a lot from you in my early days, as did many others in the community. That’s why I want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH and have a happy Christmas and a prosperous new year. You are great :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like