Best practices for home screen text and image

I’m trying to have a large title text appear over a background image on the home screen. I’d like the image and text to adjust their size and, in the case of the text, also its position based on the size of the device and whether it’s in portrait or landscape mode.

In other words, I’m having a tough time trying to figure out how to make it look nice in all cases. :slight_smile:

Are there any docs/videos that show the best way to do this, or are there any tips folks have for how to account for various device sizes?

I know that you would need to make your image height/width be % (not pixels) of the systemVars screen.height/width , so you would have to make those formulas.

For your font size you would use a formula as well, though this formula would be a little more tricky adjusting that font size number with the screen dimensions.

Basically you want to adjust everything based on a % of the system variables screen.width and/or screen.height

Thank you, John! That’s the direction I was headed, but I was thinking I might be missing something easier. :slight_smile: