Best supported backend/database

For my android/ios app, what would be the best database backend that appgyver would support?
I have shortlisted Monday/Trello/Airtable etc. If there is any other best supported backend please let me know.
I am planning to build an app which will help users create their profile where they can add their personal schedule, interests, drink water reminder, mood track etc. Also share the schedule/interests details with their app friends list using a privacy option which helps in selecting particular people among the friends for each and every schedule/interest posted.

**i am little hesitant about using Firebase seeing lot of feedback by people who charged high when the usage goes high. Looking for a flat fee model provider that pay as you go where I don’t have any idea how much the usage would be and if the app by any chance got lot of users I don’t want to pay all my profit to firebase usage cost.

Please exclude: Xano / Backendless (No free plan once app is launched) & Firebase (Risk end up paying higher)

i would recommend Xano

I see lot of videos for Appgyver and Xano. But I am looking for one that offers free plan till a particular limit like Monday/Airtable/trello. Xano & Backendless have free plan but its only till development and once app is public we need to switch to paid plans.
Is there an alternate provider which is equivalent to xano/backendless?

Google Firebase might be an option.

See AppGyver docs: https://docs.appgyver.com/data/google-firebase

I’ve been using Firebase Realtime Datebase for my community-focused habit tracker and it’s working great! Also not that expensive. My pay-as-you-go plan is only up to 11 cents a month.

1 Like

i am little hesitant about using firebase seeing lot of feedback by people who charged high when the usage goes high. Looking for a flat fee model provider that pay as you go where I don’t have any idea how much the usage would be and if the app by any chance got lot of users I don’t want to pay all my profit to firebase usage cost.

I tried many options like Firebase.
What you need to know is if you are going to need to use a lot of filters, so I think FB is not a good idea for the project.

Airtable, Baserow, Xano, etc…

But are they what I learned?

Supabase is fast, supports sql and runs on PostgreSQL.

Take your tests and tell me.

Airtable is something I am considering as their free plan allows some usage.
Baserow seems will cost for hosted plan after certain period and no idea how much its going to be and dont want to get locked.
Xano doesnt have a free plan.

Is there a better option for Airtable? Have you tested Monday/Trello? Will they provide the same features/ features I am planning on my App(Description?)

@crisacosta I was off for few months due to other commitments and in the mean time was doing research on all these backends. After extensive reasearch I changed my selection of backend to the below and now looking to choose one of them. I would ask your suggestion/advise/opinion on which would be the best thing to choose.

1. MongoDB
  2. Supabase
  3. Xano

Features & database requirements

1. Friends/Follow/Like feature in the app. So backend should be easy to create some relationship. Looking for a low code/no code. If requires lot of coding then i am not suitable for that.
  2. Few server side functions / cloud functions to run few logics at the backend
  3. Targeting users from different regions and so latency shouldn’t be an issue for people from any part of the world (Mainly US/Canada with least latency, followed by UK/Germany and followed by Australia and India)