Build codesign error

Ive tried four different ways and gotten the same result each time.
I just wish the error was more specific about what i did wrong.
PLEASE HELP if you can thx much
joy

Message: Codesign Error: ‘0 valid identities found’. You might have generated a new certificate in the Apple Developer Center, but you have not generated a new provisioning profile which matches the new certificate. Please generate and upload a new provisioning profile, then request a new build.

Hi, just to be clear have you gone through the process of first generating a distribution certificate and then a new provisioning profile completely from the beginning?

1 Like

yes. however you lead me back to these instructions
START PASTE OF INSTRUCTIONS

Distribution certificate

Your Apple distribution certificate and the private key used to generate it, exported together as a P12 file. See here for step-by-step instructions .

Make sure you generate a iOS Distribution (App Store and Ad Hoc) type certificate, required to make builds with Build Service.

Note that you must set a P12 password. A P12 file without a password will not work with Build Service

Distribution certificate password

The password set when the distribution certificate P12 file was created.
END PASTE OF INSTRUCTIONS
and in here i noticed it says without a password may not work however in the password creation i remembering being recommended to leave it blank so maybe it will work if i create a “not blank” password?
any other thoughts are appreciated so much before i go to attempt number 5 starting from scratch haha
Thank you
joy

Hi, yes you should definitely create a password for your certificate! Hope this fixed the issue :slight_smile: