Change color of string using formula

How do I use two colors on a string from a formula?

Maryanne Okello in Black
Philosophy in blue

Not sure if it is the most efficient way:

Have the name and the word Philosophy in 2 separate Paragraph elements. You can encase them both in Container should alignment be an issue. Set the first Paragraph to your user name variable and the second to the label “ Philosophy”.

Now you can define the font color for each Paragraph as a formula: Select the Paragraph element, Style → Typography → Text color. Click on the symbol in front of ‘Text color’ and select Formula.

Thanks @Joerg_Refeld

I wanted to manipulate the color on a string using a formula. I think it will be cool to do that. Currently, I have two separate elements, not so cool!

Hi, if you want to change the text color based on for example the value of a page variable you can bind the Text color property to a formula like this:

Hi Mari!
Can you please clear this?
Does an option to colour different words in the same string exist? Is there ant formula or hack for it? (Except, ofcourse putting it in different container, I got that part)
My problem is such that I’m using the default large image list by appgyver.
I’m trying to print an MRP value of an item.
I want this to be printed like,
MRP (black) = 123 (red)
Because I’m using the default component by appgyver, I don’t have the flexibility to change colours, even in isolation mode, as the description text box where I want this MRP to be shown is a singe container. If I change the font colour there, its applied to the whole string.
Can you help me with this?
Thanks.

Hi!
Does an option to colour different words in the same string exist? Is there any formula or hack for it? (Except, ofcourse putting it in different container, I got that part)
MRP (black) = 123 (red)
Because I’m using the default component by appgyver, I don’t have the flexibility to change colours, even in isolation mode, as the description text box where I want this MRP to be shown is a singe container. If I change the text colour there, its applied to the whole string.
Thanks.

Hey!
Does an option to colour different words in the same string exist? Is there any formula or hack for it? (Except, ofcourse putting it in different container, I got that part)
MRP (black) = 123 (red)
Because I’m using the default component by appgyver, I don’t have the flexibility to change colours, even in isolation mode, as the description text box where I want this MRP to be shown is a singe container. If I change the text colour there, its applied to the whole string.
Thanks.

Hi, there’s no hack for this that I’m aware of, I would use separate paragraphs in a container with layout set to horizontal.

Hey Mari!
I have an issue. Help me.
The dropdown menu made available to us by appgyver pops up like this, when used, in an ios device. (Mine is 11) This issue is not there when viewed in an android device. Why is the text cut from down in ios? Is it a bug? Or are there any styling errors which I’m doing?.