Community Announcement

Dear community,

On November 15, our enterprise offering SAP AppGyver has evolved as SAP Build Apps, joining the new SAP Build family of low and no-code software solutions. Apart from SAP Build Apps, the Build Family includes Build Process Automation and Build Work Zone.

With the new brand, we are proud to release a no-code backend solution called visual cloud functions. It enables cloud data persistency and business logic execution. Altogether, SAP Build Apps empowers anyone to perform full stack development without writing code.

Our last several months were dedicated towards building the future of no-code/low-code, making us less active on the community forums and tracker. We also had to make a choice to slightly de-prioritize the 3rd party plugins. Now, with the release, we can resume our work and get them to perfection. Make sure to keep an eye on our roadmap to stay up to date. We are also hoping to resume our forum activity very soon.

With such substantial change, a valid question would be: “As a community edition user, what should I do?” If you are satisfied with Community Edition functionality, then feel free to continue building your projects and sharing your journey here! Nothing is changing with the Community Edition. If you want to explore the capabilities of SAP Build Apps and enable full-stack development and team collaboration, you can try the Free tier! It is a free service plan intended for test and evaluation purposes. You can try out visual cloud functions with limited capabilities. If you enjoy the new features, you can upgrade to the standard edition and utilize the full power of SAP Build Apps. With the recently released project import/export, you can seamlessly move your application from Community Edition to SAP Build Apps.

If you want to learn more, tune in today to SAP TechEd for the official announcement of SAP Build during the Executive Keynote from SAP CTO Juergen Mueller on Tuesday, November 15, 9:00 am PT/6:00 pm CET. Register for free to see the virtual session here.

You can read more and explore the capabilities in the SAP Build Apps Documentation. If you happen to try the Free tier, feel free to channel your feedback to SAP Community.

Thank you and happy no-coding!

Yours,
AppGyver Team

7 Likes

Awesome news, this is how the pieces get together. I mean on the roadmap of SAP we could already see a shift of focus quite a while ago, but now it is getting into a cool ecosystem.
Keep it up!
:fire:

2 Likes

how do we login to the old one so we can keep working on our apps we have invested time in building!!!

The login flow did not change! You can log in here: https://platform.appgyver.com/

2 Likes

Hi @Kirill_Leventcov

Could you please confirm there is no VCF offering with euro 10 per month subscription plan???

This all sounds great! I’ve managed to set up the Build Apps within BTP and read the migration guide (SAP Help Portal) but have a question around the export from SAP AppGyver Classic (premium)…

It states that you can export from the lobby directly and then import to Build Apps. I see the Import From File option, but no option to export from the lobby - the only option I can see is create a new project, or to rename / manage / delete an existing one.

Is the option to export from AppGyver Classic through BTP somewhere else, or not rolled out yet?

Thanks!

1 Like

@Joe_Lees

Import/Export is currently unavailable for BTP. We are working on getting it out as soon as possible!

1 Like

@Abdul_Latif

Yes, that is correct. The old AppGyver offering does not include VCF. You can find all available plans here:

@Kirill_Leventcov
Thanks.

On the pricing page, there’s an option for “SAP Appgyver Classic” that appears to cost $E13/mo. What is the difference between that and the existing Community Edition?

1 Like

Are you all aware of some developers like myself being unable to build their app anymore? Or if it’s just me, is someone who can check over my app and error. It’s been weeks since I’ve been able to build an update for my app. and I’m seeing others in the forums complaining as well, and really need a workaround at least. Thank you.

SAP AppGyver Classic includes all enterprise features that were available before this release. That includes SAP Authentication and integrating BTP destinations.

@Jeremy_Ivers

Thank you for raising a valid concern!
We are well aware of the build issues and are working hard to get them fixed. If you ever have a bug/issue, please report it to https://tracker.appgyver.com/. While forums have a free-form format, it is very much advised to keep all bugs and build issues on the Bug Tracker. That is especially important, since we monitor Tracker daily, while your issue reported on the forums can slip right past our eyes.

The current 4.6.22 version is stable, so unless you have misconfigured the build, it should be successful.

For those who’ve pushed their projects over and have been experimenting around, I don’t suppose there’s advanced UI features yet, no? Things like, but not limited to:

• Mouseover events (hover over something to trigger an effect)

• Native gradient backgrounds (as opposed to using a background gradient color image)

• More components positioning options such as Sticky and Fixed.

2 Likes

Hello, I have managed to subscribe to SAP Build Apps and I can access the application.
But I can’t create a new project.
After entering the name and description of a new project, the projects screen is empty.

Does anyone know that I may be doing wrong?

Thank you

Hi @Jose_Alberto_Iglesia,

You are probably missing user roles. You can read more here:
https://help.sap.com/docs/BUILD_APPS/431746e4c663458aa68d9754b237bfc6/01225b6b951d425c97b58a834a1ff484.html#configuring-user-roles

Hello,
I have proceeded as follows:

1. I have created a new role collection
  2. I have assigned to this new collection the roles of RegistryAdmin, RegistryDeveloper, BuildAppsAdmin and BuildAppsDeveloper
  3. Next, I have assigned this collection to the user provided by the custom IAS tenant.

I have accessed the Build App with this user and when I create a new project, it does not appear in the dashboard

Does the user need to have some other role?
Could I be missing some parameter in the Build App subscription configuration?
The truth is that I am desperate.
Thanks.

Hello Kirill.
I have proceeded as follows:

1. I have created a new role collection
  2. I have assigned to this new collection the roles of RegistryAdmin, RegistryDeveloper, BuildAppsAdmin and BuildAppsDeveloper
  3. Next, I have assigned this collection to the user provided by the custom IAS tenant.

I have accessed the Build App with this user and when I create a new project, it does not appear in the dashboard

Does the user need to have some other role?
Could I be missing some parameter in the Build App subscription configuration?
The truth is that I am desperate.
Thanks.

NOTE: I have tried to answer you also by “incidents” but I cannot send you an answer there.

Do we still have develop and release an app to app stores for free with the classic Appgyver platform with the Firebase backend and etc.?
Because I don’t use Appgyver for only testing and prototyping purposes but also developing an SaaS CRM product for end users with monthly subscription fee. Is this free and will be free forever?

2 Likes