Complete Firebase Course

I’m excited to announce the complete ‘Firebase meets AppGyver’ Course.

A few weeks ago a published a little tutorial series on youtube.
After that I regulary get requests for more tutorials especially
about two pain points.

• Authentication
  • Image Upload

Google Firebase looks like a natural fit, but we still need some workarounds in some
cases to bend it to AppGyvers specifications. In this course you will learn everything to
build a modern, production ready app.

This is the first course about AppGyver as I can tell. It’s also my first course on Udemy.

The course is released on Udemy covering every major pain point including

• Backend REST API
  • Authentication with signup and securing endpoints
  • Image Upload straight from AppGyver to Firebase

My goal was to put as much value without stretching the course unnecessarily.

Please feel free to share this link.

6 Likes

This is very cool, congrats on breaking new ground over at Udemy!

1 Like

Hi Omar,
Price shows as $12.99 in Udemy, but in payment screen changes to $29.
Do we need to use a coupon code?

Also, is it possible to include a lesson on storing audio file in firebase and playing it in Appgyver.

Thanks, will sign up for Udemy course, after your response.

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

thank you for your question.
$12.99 is the correct price (I do not have absolute control over the price). Buying the course through the link I posted will just give me a bigger share.
The price for the students should not change.

Storing audio files should be similar to uploading pictures. You would not need to change anything in firebase. It should only depend on AppGyver and how they handle audio uploads.
I haven’t checked that out myself yet.

If I cross a solution I will come back to you.

1 Like

Hi Omar,

Firstly thank you for your great course. I have learned a hell of a lot.

I have purchased followed your course. Similar to Ravi_B - but not related lol
I am trying to upload audio

However I am unable to play the audio from firebase storage when pointing to the audioUrl that i have saved in my firebase database.

I have tried downloading and caching the files - but still am stuck - is this something to do with appgyver not making https requests as you mentioned about image downloads.

Please assist me with this as I am very stuck!!!

All the best,

Anuj

Figured this out - for anyone else struggling
there is a error with app gyver - when you fetch the string from the list - it displays as blank

• using the formula instead solves the problem in this case

Hi @Anuj_Nayyar ,

thank you for your kind words. :slight_smile:

One Udemy Student asked me a similar question,
I will forward my response here.

I looked at how to upload audio to Firebase and it worked so far for me.

You need to use the ‘Start recording Audio’ and ‘Stop recording Audio’ flow function.

It will return a similar object to what we are receiving form the ‘Take Photo’ flow function (Section 7).

You need to add a ‘uploadUrl’ key to that object and pass it to ‘Upload Files’ as a post request (same as image upload).

The audio file will be uploaded to Firebase.

But there are a few catches:

• The audio components are not running stable

• iOS has problems with playback

• the app will sometimes crash

• on default the file will be stored with content-type audio/x-aac but most players need mp3 (overwriting the mimeType key show solve that)

• AppGyver Audio Player looks buggy

So audio upload is working, but we might need to wait a few months for the AppGyver Team to catch up.

I hope this helps you.

All best,

Omar

1 Like

Thanks Omar!!

Just wondering if you have any pointers for using the batchGet method

I am getting returned the raw JSON data - but how can I parse it set it to a page variable?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi Anuj,

great job on keeping trying. That’s the hardest part!

Parsing raw JSON Text can be done using a custom javascript block.
e.g "{"myKey": [1,2,3]}"

I actually released a video covering excatly this question.
Enjoy :slight_smile:

Hello Omar!

Great course, thank you for the effort!
One question that I’d like to clarfiy on authentication:
It makes sense to store the Id_token and refresh_token of a user on a local persistent storage to prevent logging in each time. However, does this persistent storage come with any kind of encryption or protection? I mean, can somebody access this tokens from a phone outside the application? If so, then this is a serious security issue, so what does it take to resolve it?

Thank you,
Dias

I’m excited to see this course. I’m still trying to find more documentation on Appgyver. I have so many more things i want to add to my app and haven’t found answers yet–and i really want to add authentication.

…Firebase is free to use for 10k/month, right? For authentication? So if I buy your course to learn how to use it, I won’t have any more costs to set up authentication using Firebase? (My app is going to be free for users, and money is tight for me as an author.)

Also, for me the course will only showi up as $34.99 no matter what coupon code i apply.

Thank you,
Cheryl

Hey @o.ezzat or any other Firebase user…

Did you manage to make the “Upload files” work with Firebase Storage? Would you be able to share a short hint to how you did it?

I tried the following but didn’t work for me (I confirm my rules are read/write and it works when testing with Postman).
Upload files:
Method: POST
Files to upload: [SET_KEY(pageVars.image, ‘uploadUrl’, “https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com/v0/b/myuploadfolder”)]

Thank you very much in advance,
Carlos.