Creating a Table with GET Collection

Hi All

I am missing something here…

I have a Data Variable (Get Collection) that is a list of objects with 13 properties.
I want to create a table that displays 6 of these properties (one of them is a date so it will be sorted by date) across the screen. And then the next record would sit under that, and so on…creating a grid or table.

I have read other topics that say I can do this by repeating a row component and I assume, mapping each field in my table (or each property) to a different cell in the row. But I cannot figure out how to map this.

I can map the Data Variable for a list item…because I can see both ‘Repeat With’ and ‘Primary Label’ options in the properties screen…but it appears different for the row component and I don’t have the ‘Primary Label’ field…so I just cannot see how I map it.

What has popped into my head is, can I use several List components sitting beside each other, which effectively creates a table? Is that what I am supposed to be doing, dropping each list into a cell of the row? I am playing around with it, and the formatting goes nuts. I think this would work but I cannot format the text inside the list item to make them all smaller so they fit. Is that possible?

Just need a little clue.
Thanks for your help on this stuff…really appreciate it and I do try not to ask stuff so often, believe it or not!
Thanks

Hi,

Why don’t you just create the list that you will repeat? So you can map the fields you want:

Create an container with titles, etc. and mapping this fields…

If you are using the Row component with the Repeat With you will need to add a Paragraph component to each of the cells so that you can map your data to the Content property of the Paragraph component.

Let me know if that matches to what you are trying to do :+1:

Hi Steve

Thanks. What I now have is a row component that is not repeating, but then into each cell I am dropping in a list item that is repeating…that is pulling through a value from the table via the Data Variable. And this works but as it is, it is useless because I cannot format it. I want to have as many as possible fields across the page (6 or 7) and for them to fit, I would need to reduce the font size way down…but I just dont see how I can do that.
I will look at your suggestion tomorrow, perhaps that was your point, if I drop in a paragraph, it will let me format?

Thanks again
Paul

Hey Paul,
I put together a quick test page using one of my REST APIs. In the AppGyver screenshot, you can see how my page is setup (page layout in the bottom right of the screen).

Also, I attached a screenshot of the page in the mobile app. I didn’t do any formatting, but in the style tab for the paragraph components (they are each in a cell, in the row) you can change the font size in the Typography section. Also, you can change the relative size of each of the cells so that some cells can be wider than others as a percentage of the screen.

You can make the adjustments you need to make. AppGyver lets you control most of what is necessary for your stying and layout.

If possible, it is worth considering a different page structure. A table layout on a mobile device can sometimes become difficult to read, especially as the number of columns increases.

Keep the questions coming!

Thanks Steve.
I had in my mind that to be able to pull the particular fields from the table, I needed to use a list. So I was thinking, a list into a row, or a list into a paragraph into a row…it simply didn’t occur to me that I could pull the field directly into a paragraph!? Not sure why, but it is obvious now.

Really appreciate you taking the time to put that screen shot together, so I finally understood.
Paul

1 Like

I am glad you got it working!