Creating unlimited pages

I am building an app, and i want to create pages by the input from users.

Concept:
On the first page their are 9 boxes(buttons) numbered from 1 to 9.
If a user clicks on 1 → I want to create a page with 9 boxes numbered 10 to 18.
If the user did not click on 1 but clicks on 2 → I want to create a page with 9 boxes numbered 19 to 27.

If the user clicks on the second page on the box with number 10 → i want to create a page with 9 boxes numbered from 91 to 99.
etc. etc. etc.

I want to do this a couple times which makes it that i have te create multiple million of pages which will take years to do by hand. Is there a way to set this up without having to create every single page?

I will very much appreciate it if someone knows a way!!!

Hi there interesting idea, How many pages you need in total, meaning how many times the user has to choose a button (number) in each session or you need indefinite steps?

1 Like

To start i would like the user to click 6 times, but i would like it to be possible to add pages later if that is possible. So that it would be possible to go to lets say 10 clicks (after an update).

Ok then, i think that creating many pages is not something fissile, if i were you i would create six pages (for start) and then i would play with visibility functions on the different numbers lists, depending on the users input (depending on which number they choose you can show different lists and hide the previous one).

2 Likes

Oh no, please don’t create that many pages :scream: Our platform will not be able to support that and you will have put in a lot of effort without getting the outcome you would want.

Instead of creating individual pages to display static information, you should use pages with data to display what you want dynamically. This would mean that per data “category” you would only have one page, but it would show different data depending on which item in the category you want to show (e.g. in a product catalog, you would have a Product page which would then display any individual product you want). You can store the data in e.g. Firebase, or just in app variables, and then display on the page. I would recommend going through these videos for ideas on how to display what you want to display dynamically.

If you try to create as many individual pages as you’re thinking of, your app won’t run, or if it does, it will be too slow for any user to use. Also development in Composer would eventually become impossible, as Composer won’t be able to handle that many pages. Even over a hundred pages is really pushing it.

1 Like

Hello Mevi…

Just as a thought experiment please mind my asking if it would be theoretically possible to actually have a list of repeated containers dependent on a schema that provides numbered from 1 to 9…
And if with one of them selected: added that the “number” of the box box chosen is determinant on how the next schema to be created (Something like repeat (n=(n2)+1, 9*)… a new list of boxes will repeat dependent on the new data…

So theoretically: would not what Bento_Westra is asking somewhat work out? Or would this too create as great a problem as would generating pages?
(Rather aware that even clicking just six times already generates over five million boxes… almost five and a halve in fact)

2 Likes

I have found a way to do it using variabeles and formulas. Inspired by @Mevi and @Berter_Akyol 's comments.

1. I create an app variabele for every clicked number. I bind the he clicked number to the variabele.
  2. On the second page I create the button number with the following formula:
    (variabeleFirstPage * 9 + (which of the 9 numbers i want it to be)

Example:

• I press 2 on the first screen
    The 1st button on the second screen has formula: (2 * 9 + 1) = 19
    The 9th button on the second screen has formula: (2 * 9 + 9) = 27
  • I press 19 on the second screen
    The 1st button on the second screen has formula: (19 * 9 + 1) = 172
    The 9th button on the second screen has formula: (19 * 9 + 9) = 180

etc. etc. etc.

The downpart is that you have to change the fomula of every button, but you only have to change 1 number so that is done in no time. And every page you will have to change the variabele name.

But I found that working with 1 till 9 on every page works better for my implementation.
But I thought I would share my findings anyway.

3 Likes