Dates - using on web and mobile

Hi Folks

Just thought I would seek some advice before I do anything.
I’m wanting to have a calendar control to choose the date only. The selected date will display on an input field and written to the database.
I then want to use a drop down field to choose the dates from the database.

Question 1: Am I best to create a calendar control as per Mevi’s (Mevi's Component Factory - Simple Calendar - YouTube). Or should I be using the date picker flow function?
I’m wanting the calendar control (date only) to be used on both web pages and mobile app.

Question 2: Based on the above, the date will be written back to the database. I want to use a drop down on a different page to display the date in a drop down in the format of dd-mm-yy, and have it sorted in date order? Is that possible?

Karen

hi Karen,

regarding your question 1:

1 Like

Thank you for your advice on that.
I will use the pick date flow logic.

For Question 2: Based on the above, the date will be written back to the database. I want to use a drop down on a different page to display the date in a drop down in the format of dd-mm-yy, and have it sorted in date order? Is that possible?

I have used an FORMAT_DATETIME_LOCAL formula, on the date picker icon which writes the date as DD-MM-YY.
The dropdown field, on a different page is using the formula of
SORT_BY_KEY(UNIQUE_BY_KEY(MAP(data.choose_Fixtures, {label: item.fixture_date, value: item.fixture_date}), “value”),“value”, “asc”)

The dates are displaying as
04-12-21
05-02-22
06-11-21
etc

But, what I would like it sorted as
05-11-21
04-12-21
05-02-22