Difference in iOS and Android UI

Hi

I have a new problem that has occurred where my previously working app on Android now has a vertically aligned container, rather than horizontal. The iOS version displays correctly.

Android

iOS

Can you please advise ? iOS is behaving correctly, but Android is not.

Thanks
Paul

That sounds odd… Could you share your app ID so I could take a look at your app?

Thanks. It’s 103021

Paul

Hi, I took a look and can’t say what could have happened here without deeper investigation. It seems that the Container 2 you’re using has corrupted or something

I tried to create the component again, but the issue didn’t persist. So in your case, if you replace the “Container 2” with a new Container and style it in same manner as Container 2 and move all Container 2’s content to it, I think all should work again (at least it did for me).

Hi @Tomi_Laakso

Thanks. I did as you suggested, recreate component 2 and copy other components into it. That didn’t work.

So I created a new repeatable horizontal component , with 3 new components inside it. Then a symbol inside each of those components. I get the same problem - the 3 symbols are showing vertically on Android, but horizontally (properly) on iOS.

Android

iOS

Something in the build has gone wrong. This was working properly (released to Play store).
I updated a lot of components yesterday. That is the major change, plus some bug fixes.
Not sure why this would account for iOS working but Android not?

Please help.
Thanks
Paul

Hi - is there any news on this issue please ? I can’t make updates to my app on the Play store as it is now.

I wasn’t able to repro the issue with a fresh Container. Is it okay if I make little changes to your app and try to create the component from scratch myself? I wonder if it could help me see the issue then

Hi - okay. That’s fine. When do you think you will be done - so I don’t touch it in the meantime ?
Thanks
Paul

Let’s continue with PMs