Documentation for adding data to related tables

Hello - I am trying to learn about adding some data to related tables. In my case a Customer table and an Order table with a 1 to many relationship (Customers can have many Orders). I have it setup in the DB (Backendless) but need to deal with the proper way to code the CRUD routines when multiple tables are involved.

Any assistance would be appreciated - I haven’t been able to locate any information about this topic in the existing documentation.

Cheers
Ray

1 Like

Hi!

The simplest way to do this is to have a field in the order which is the customer’s id and then use that to find the corresponding customer.

The complicated part is ACL, which should be done by your backend’s part (the app can be configured to never show another user’s orders, but you have to make your backend secure too).

Let me know if you have any more questions, although I can’t answer on your backend provider’s part.

1 Like

I have also been disappointed by the lack of instruction on how to add or set relationships using the appgyver <> backendless combination. Setting relationships is necessary in order to use the ‘views’ functionality in the backendless environment. I’ve been trying for days to figure this out and am surprised how difficult it has been to find no-code instruction. Setting relationships is fundamental…