Downloading image then sharing to my instagram feed

Hello all,

How would I go about first downloading an image/video from my amazon S3 domain, then load the same image/video into Instagram feed. It will be a similar action as sharing a picture using the common share button found on devices. I understand that once its loaded onto the IG feed, I have to continue the process of actually completing the post.

You can use the frontend logic component " Download files" (Search in the marketplace) to download the file.

Don’t know how to share.

Thank you. Can any on guide me on how to then share the video/image onto instagram?

Does anybody else have any ideas how to initiate share image with instagram?

Hmmm not sure, you could try “Open native share dialog” flow function?

Thank you Mevi. For “Download files” On Android, the output doesn’t provide the filename as described on the attached. Can you update this logic component?

In addition, When I check the com.appgyver.agclient folder, I dont see the downloaded file.

Hi! I reported the filename / download files issue, we’re looking at it and seeing if it’s something that we can fix quickly or will take longer.

Regarding the download folder, it should apparently be in the system default download folder, wherever that may be. The path should be in the outputs. You can move it to a different folder with the Filesystem flow functions.

Hi @Mevi, just following up on this issue, did you get a chance to fix it?

Hi! Looks to me that it’s fixed, do you still have problems?

Yes I am still having same issue. Are you running via device or webapp?

You were talking about android, so I was using Android preview 2.5.3 (only in internal use as of yet, but as far as I know 2.4.33 would also work), with all flow functions updated to latest (this is important).

Alerting result of download files, name appears correctly:

What is the situation in which you don’t get the name from the outputs?

Hi @Mevi

I think I am having the same issue, both in the appgyver preview app and in the 2.5.12 and 2.6.2 beta build versions.

I get a different output from the download flow function depending on if it is performed on an Iphone or Android.

The Iphone gets the correct file path, however the Android phone doesn’t. :thinking:
I took a picture of the different download path files:

Not sure if there is still an issue or I am doing something wrong.

Dan

Hi!

Well, the path on iOS and Android are different because the file systems are completely different. However, are you sure you’re using 2.5.12 or 2.6.2 on Android? I’m asking because the url says com.appgyver.agclient.legend, which is the 1.9.26 version and not the regular one :thinking:

Hi @Mevi , thank you for your reply. Yes the picture was from the Legend app but same issue in the main Appgyver app on Android, sorry for the confusion.

This picture is from the Appgyver App (not legend), same issue, the picture is not showing :thinking:

However, I seem to have another issue, not sure if they are linked, but the last 2 days photos are not showing up in both Appgyver apps (Iphone & Android)(I have updated to the newest IOS version) This despite not having done any changes to the app. :pensive:

It is also an issue in my app(build over a week ago in 2.6.2 beta and it was working, however some pictures are still showing). Any idea?

I can still see the pictures if I google the URL file, so don’t think it is a database issue and I can see in debugger that right information is still coming to the app and also still being saved.
This formula used to work FIND_BY_KEY(appVars.BrowseposterX, “_id”, params.id).Main_Picture, not sure if anything recent have changed. :thinking:

Dan

Hi! Sorry for the delay. There seems to be some problem with our backend service providing this (only affects non-authenticated apps), we’re looking into it :thinking:

Thanks Mevi, much appreciated.