Dropdown Item/BG Color?

Hopefully a simple one:

My primary text color is white. This has been fine in all cases I’ve tested with, except that dropdown item styling seems to vary between browsers. So on my version of Chrome it looks fine, because the dropdown items automatically render using browser default styling, which is black text on a gray background:
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 5.09.34 PM

But in my friend’s version of Chrome, and on my Firefox, the styling seems to be taking its cue from the theme’s main text, which is white… and it’s also showing a white background. So you can’t see any of the dropdown items except for the one you’re actively highlighting.
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 6.00.04 PM

Is there any way to A) change the dropdown item background color? (I was unable to find anything in the Style properties that seemed like it would do this) Or, alternatively, to B) change the text color specifically for this type of item (without changing my text color across the board)?

Thanks!
~Ethan

Hi! Yes, browsers act differently with dropdowns, and the default dropdown uses browser default settings. However, you can adjust the font color for just the dropdown! Simply change it in settings. If you’re using the dropdown composite, you will need to open it in isolation mode to be able to modify the dropdown’s font color. You can open in isolation mode by e.g. double clicking the element.

1 Like

Thank you! I didn’t realize more style properties were available in isolation mode. Problem solved :slight_smile:

1 Like