Easiest method of setting one field in a data variable WITHOUT changing all other fields in the same data variable

I have a data variable with around 60 fields in it. The values are already set in my flow.

Later in the flow, I want to update just one of the fields (Last Update Date).

I’ve managed to do this using a “Set data variable” component. But this means using a binding type of List of Values, so I can use a function TIMESTAMP() to populate the last update date field.

Downside is for the other 59 fields in the data variable, I have to manually (59 times!) set each field value to a formula to grab the current value of that field and populate it. That seems clumsy.

Is there an easier way, some method of simply saying I want to leave the other 59 fields untouched and simply update the Last Update Date?

Thank you.

• IF YOU LOOK IN THE SCREENSHOT, PROBABLY EASIER TO GET AN IDEA OF WHAT I’M DOING. SO I JUST WANT TO DO THE UPDATE CIRCLED IN RED, LEAVING ALL THE OTHER VALUES CIRCLED IN BLUE EXACTLY AS THEY ARE *

Have you tried to set the other 59 field you don’t want to update to “no value” instead of “formula”
I know this works when updating data records.
Here is an example of this in my current project:

1 Like

Really appreciate the input - but on the “Set Data Variable” component, it doesn’t appear to support the “No value” type.

I made things a little easier binding to a “Mapping” rather than binding to a “List of Values”,

This meant a lot of drag and drop, but easier and arguably a safer method of achieving the same result. See the following screenshot.

None of this is a show-stopper, as AppGyver is allowing me to develop this simple application - I am just curious if there is an easier way, or if I’m missing something, or even dare I suggest a potential project improvement. I suspect there is a way though … anyone?!