Editable Page Paramter

This is a request for suggestions on method…

I pass a page parameter to a page where various items are summarised and the user clicks Save. But I want the field where the page parameter populates to be editable…so the number pulled through is most likely what the user will save, but they can edit the number before saving…if they wise.

I cannot pull the parameter into an input field…which makes sense, so at a loss as to how to do it.

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul, maybe you could create a page variable, set its value as the parameter with a flow function when the page opens, and then pass that page variable to the input field.

Hi Mari

I get the same result…the input field doesn’t display the value. It is binded but it doesn’t display. Furthermore, if I also bind the Placeholder Text of the input field to the page variable, that just crashes the app.

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul, I was able to implement this with a page variable, see below. What environment are you testing in?

Opening page with parameter “hello”:

Parameter gets passed to page variable:

Page variable is visible in input field:

Input field is editable:

Hi Mari

A little digression - how do I tell what environment I am in?

To the above, I was able to replicate your success…so bit confused here :slight_smile:

The problem may be that the parameter and variable are both type = text when it works. I am trying to bring through numbers. I have two paragraphs under the input field each pulling through the parameter and the variable, so no problem there. But with the variable bound to the input field, it says ‘Type here…’. When I remove this placeholder text, it is blank.

I think I am going to try it a different way, so dont worry about it too much.

Thanks
Paul

Alright :slight_smile: you can find out which runtime your preview app is using by clicking on your username in any of the previews (web or AppGyver preview app).

Just a thought, you could probably go around the issue by using STRING() and NUMBER() formulas in appropriate places, for example when passing the ID to the parameter you would make it a string, and then make it a number again when using it to fetch items. A bit hacky but it should work!