Encountered a build error in runtime version: 4.7.37; AB version: 1.7.11

I can confirm that the fix worked and 4.9.72 builds are working - I tested Web and iOS. Thank you @Kirill_Leventcov

successfully build on Android. The best news this week. The team deserve a kiss. Thank you @Kirill_Leventcov

Hello @Kirill_Leventcov thanks for the update, but I would like to know if there is a forecast for fixing the navigation bugs in the application?

1 Like

Hi Kirill,

The builds are working but we are experiencing some awkward things:

1. On one of the pages, the text is no longer truncated automatically. The problem is not there in the App preview, only in the published web version (take a look at the attachments below).

2. Appstore Connect does not recognize a fresh iOS build as a new version of an existing app, although successfully uploaded to Apple (this might be an issue on the Apple part, we are investigating but wanted to mention it here, in case others experience this issue).

3. We manage to create only one iOS build since the fix (with the issue mentioned above) and all others are failing again.

Here are a few screens of the issue #1:

Great first steps Appgyver, glad a new build version is available. Like @Dejan I also was able to build one iOS app, now same build failing with an error message of 1,124 lines (I will spare you a paste :slight_smile:
If it helps my app ID 475614

Just want to give an update that the issue with the App Store Connect has been resolved.

1 Like

Yay! Thank you!

Whatever you did also drastically improved performance when working with the Styles tab and the Data section. Kudos.

Wer’re receiving the following error using the version 4.9.72 after 4 hours into build.

FAILED with ERROR:

Command was killed with SIGKILL (Forced termination): npx rnv export -p android -s standalone -c standalone --ci --yes --skipRnvCheck --packageManager yarn --template @appgyver/orchestra-template-standalone@4.9.72 -r

This wasn’t happening with previous versions. Do you have any idea what could this be related to?

Thanks

That would be nice! Indeed the “Styles” tab is very slow to load and work on.

Is there a particular reason why you believe this is due to an unexpected and unnannounced improvement and not simply due to many users having stopped development before they heard about the fix?

I would like to address the issue regarding versioning in Apple App Store Connect once again because it has not been truly resolved as initially thought.

For some reason, our latest build is not being sorted properly and is not recognized by Apple as the newest version of an existing app. The build has appeared way down the list, between previously published apps. Take a look at the screenshot below:

This, by itself, wouldn’t be a big issue. We sent it to Apple for approval and it was approved without any problems. The issue is that the TestFlight app on the iPhone also doesn’t recognize this version as the latest one and doesn’t notify our beta users about the available update.

For some reason, the way the latest builds are being generated doesn’t inform Apple that they are the newest ones. A quick search on Google revealed similar issues faced by other .ipa generators.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?
@Kirill_Leventcov

There seems to be another quirk that occurs during the build process, and it refers to devices with a notch.

Since there is no system variable that indicates whether a device has a notch or not, we have always added a padding of 44px to the header on all native devices. It’s not a perfect solution, but it works. However, it seems that the latest build now takes into account the presence of a notch and automatically pushes the content of the page down to avoid overlapping with it. This results in our page being pushed down twice – once by us and once by default.

The issue is that this push down doesn’t happen in the preview, as the preview runs on a different runtime than the one used to build the .ipa.

To illustrate this, I am attaching screenshots showing how our header appears in the preview and in the latest build.

I am writing about this here to draw attention to it, but it should probably be reported as a bug. @Kirill_Leventcov

Hi @Dejan,

Could you please file all of your issues to https://tracker.appgyver.com/? These are unrelated to the ‘builds failing’ case.

Many thanks Kirill, Timo & to the Appgyver Team!!

Sure, will do that. Tnx

That’s a good question. I assumed that they’d load all the style data into the app up-front rather than pinging their own servers to fetch it each time the tab is selected. But maybe you’re right.

Hi, I´m not sure if this is related, but as this thread has all of the current active members I thought I´d comment here.

Is it just me or are builds really intermittent at the moment?

Without making changes, if I do a build then about 1 in 3 fail. Its like there is some network delay somewhere that means some resources are not found on some build attempts. All of the errors below were resolved by simply running the build again.

My App is Adventure Hunt. Its been live a year and I do updates every 6 months or so. Its got a bit of GPS navigation in it and a lot of Cloud Firestore interaction.