Expensive operations - why are some operations are so slow

I was building an app with AppGyver but I have an inconvenient experience which should not happen. Here is my experiment:

• My app became very slow. So I printed the time NOW() to console to see which steps take most time.
  • While some operations take just 5-8 milliseconds, some other simple operations take hundreds of miliseconds (between 200 to 600 milliseconds). Some of them:
  • Reset a number page variable to zero.
  • Empty a list variable
  • Concat a list with another list (length: about 20 items)
  • Extract value of a list to another list (length: about 20 items)

When some of these operations need to go sequentially, they add up to seconds of wait. This is annoying.

Why are these simple operations, completely locally, taking so much time? In general, what is your experience with other slow operations and what were your solutions?

Thanks all.
Steven

NOTE: If you have a question about how to implement a feature in your app, please include screenshots of your implementation so far in the post. This will help others to understand your problem and you to get help faster!

Some resources to check before you post:

AppGyver Academy: SAP AppGyver Quick-Start

Troubleshooting FAQ: SAP AppGyver FAQ

This is a very important point you’re making. I too have experienced very long spinner delays and app wait times due to simple operations. My app has also become very slow and I also can’t tell why.

But it’s been like this ever since I started the project over a year ago, no change, no improvement.

@timo.kapanen, @Mevi, can you shed some light on this issue?