Firebase authentication appear unexpectedly

I have copied and enhanced the Firebase Authentication page and replaced the old Firebase authentication page with the new version (logic same) in Initial page setup in Auth tab now everything is good so far. Now I disabled the navigation and I see the old Firebase authentication page showing up as the 1st page.
Is this a bug or I’m missing something? Please note that the old Firebase authentication page is neither setup as initial page , nor in the navigation stack (which is disabled).

Hi! Sounds odd. Is this still going on? The easiest is probably to just remove the old page, but we can also look into it further if you prefer that.

I’ll try removing the old Firebase authentication page and let you know the outcome.

1 Like

Hi @Mevi I removed the Firebase Authentication page and disabled navigation. On launching the app, I can see a white page with message - " An unexpected error has occurred.".

I would really appreciate, if you could look into the project 321455. I’ve reverted back to the last good state for you to check. You may look into following scenarios:

1. Only Disable navigation - Firebase Authentication page appears (not initial page or in page stack)
  2. Disable navigation and remove Firebase Authentication page (white page with error message on launch)
  3. Enable Navigation and remove Firebase Authentication page - works fine
  4. Enable Navigation and keep Firebase Authentication page - works fine

Hi! I went and opened your app in the latest web preview and it opened to the “Guests” page correctly – did you manage to solve this issue?

I can see the same issue on my side.

It would break only if
1.Navigation is disabled (Firebase Authentication page appears)
And/Or
2. Navigation is disabled and Firebase Authentication page deleted (white page and error)

Did you do any of these? You may freely do as I’ve backed up this project.

Hi hi @Mevi , any update on this issue? Is the Firebase authentication page hard coded somewhere? Otherwise why is there a dependency on the page when it’s not used at all by me?

Hi,

I opened your app in the current state in web and mobile. Both opened to “Guests” page. Not sure if you’re doing that in logic, but just a note that in your Navigation setting, you have “Firebase Authentication” set as start page.

Oops finally figured out. The initial page in navigation changes on its own when I disable it. Works fine after manually setting it back to the 1st page in my nav stack.

Thanks a ton!

1 Like