Font weight not working in preview app

Hello everyone, hope you are doing well. I’m having issue with a custom font font weight. I downloaded Fredoka font from google fonts and made sure the font file title didn’t cointain any space or special charater before uploading it. I also made sure to import real font weights from the font file.
Everything looks good in composer pro but the font weight is not applied in the preview app.
Thank you in advance.

Is the custom font 100% critical to your app?

I would avoid unnecessary challenges and only look to do something like this after my app was fully live and published. There are enough things you will need to work around without adding extra challenges on a small look and feel item.

Same issue here.

I think custom fonts are absolutely essential for an App in order to stand out in the mass of AppStore apps. The feature is so basic, I hope there is a way to get this to work?

Are you sure about it being essential? How many of the top 20 apps in any category would attribute a custom font as a key part of their success?

I really would focus on a lot of other things first. Unless you are a multi-national with an instantly recognisable font then I can´t see the justification for this being a big deal. If you can reference some studies that indicate otherwise I´m happy to be corrected.

But accepting that you want it and it doesn´t work, get a bug raised on tracker and the community will upvote it to raise its priority for fixing. But prepare yourself for this being a matter of months rather than days or weeks.

Interesting approach :wink:

Anyway it is a good idea to put it on the bug tracker.

Don’t say it’s an unnecessary challenge, it’s as important as other things depending on the case. What if my application is about something like creating or testing custom fonts?
Sure, I’m not going to spend my time trying to figure out how to solve the problem, but as a designer, it’s very disconcerting to see everything in my application in a light font or in a font I don’t want.
There are better ways you could have said to move on to other points.
Thanks.