forceDarkAllowed

Hello,
on some devices when a user has dark mode enabled or his mobile device in power saving mode then my app’s (Webview) colors (text and background) are changed to make it dark, creating a very bad result.While googling around i came across a setting called forceDarkAllowed that when set to false it prevents a webview app from changing colors. Is there a way to include such setting with appgyver?

Hmm, interesting. However, we use React Native’s WebView, and that one does not seem to have that property – only forceDarkOn, which is not the same exactly :disappointed_relieved: react-native-webview/Reference.md at master · react-native-webview/react-native-webview · GitHub

Hello Mevi,
thanks for getting back to me. I undestand what you say and tried to find a workaround which led me to this post.

Can this be implement on appgyver so how?

Unfortunately this can’t be done on appgyver at the moment – it would be possible perhaps after we only support android 10.0 or higher, but as we still have support for Android 8.0 and Android 9.0. Third party plugin support would enable you to make a version of WebView that would support this, but that isn’t available yet.