Get parameters from page URL

Hey all,

I’ve been looking through the docs and can find a lot on how to append, replace etc. parameters to a URL, but nothing on how to get, and then use as strings/booleans, URL parameters. For example, I want to check the value of a certain parameter, whether it’s empty or not and to see what the value is.

Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure if I understood correctly what I mean, but if you want to open the app from an URL, you need to:

1. Use appgyver:// as the URL in the Preview app and for mobile specify the URL of the application in Build Settings (not sure if this works on web at all)
  2. Use the app launched from URL event. In its output you get the event it emits, and that event has in it the parameters it got.

I don’t know if there’s any documentation about this, but if you have any further questions I’ll do my best to answer!

That’s very useful, but that’s not what I was looking for, and it seems I didn’t specify what I wanted properly- I’m working with a webview, and want to extract parameters from that URL. Sorry for the confusion.

Hmm, alright. I’m still not sure I understand what you want to do, could you give me an example or explain in some more detail?

I want to get the ? or & parts of a webview URL, of a specific param

@imvicdiagnostic … Try systemVars.initialUrl … it might be what you are looking for.

Thanks for the help everyone! However, none of these suggestions worked - I was looking to get parameters from a specified page URL, and found the solution after SCOURING the AppGyver docs. Where appVars.Webview is my app variable storing the current Webview URL on event change, and “0” indicates the first parameter in the aforementioned URL, here is the solution:

PICK_ITEM(QUERY_PARAMETERS_ARRAY(appVars.Webview), 0).value

However, thanks for the help from everyone!

1 Like