Google Play and storage permissions for apps made with appgyver

Google Play store is sending me the following alert, I would like to know if Appgyver is taking this alert into account:

We have detected that your application contains the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag in the manifest file or APKs.

Developers with apps on devices running Android 11 (or later) should use delimited storage to give users better access control over their device storage. To publish your application on Android 11 or later versions after May 5, you must:

Update your application to conform to privacy best practices, such as the storage access framework or the Media Store API.
Update your app to declare the Access All Files permission (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) in the manifest file and complete the Access All Files permission declaration in the Play Console starting May 5.
Completely remove Access to all files permission from your app.
In applications targeting Android 11, the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag will be ignored. To retain broad access, you must use the Access permission to all files.

Apps that request the Access All Files permission without authorized use will be removed from Google Play, and you will not be able to post updates.

More info:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/10467955

4 Likes

I get same alert! Please comment what I need to do with my app in appgyver?

Just noticed same thing and was about to post it here!

@Mevi

Can someone from the AppGyver team confirm that they’ve seen this?

Will the Android version of apps stop working on May 5?

I think we need to get the team’s attention :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: this was done last year, are you still seeing problems with this?

1 Like