Help a beginner make the first game app

Hello everybody!
I’m a Brazilian beginner and I’m trying to make a game. Basically they would be puzzles where the answers are phrases or names, that kind of thing. I made a page for each phase and thought that the logic would be simple, an imput, an if-then and if the imput was equal to the right answer, then the next page would open and the answer would be saved in the data so I know who passed from phase. The problem is that I can’t do this logic at all! Mainly as for the appgyver’s true and false recognize that the answer has to be equal to the right phrase. I am really a beginner, if you can help me I would be very grateful!

1 Like

Hey,
can you share a screenshot of your IF statement + the formula?
Best,
Jo

Hi, thanks for replying!
So, I thought to solve the problem by creating a variable for each phase and stipulate the value of that variable as the answer to the sentence, without the user having access to it. The answers that the user gives would be saved in another variable and then the IF opens the next phase if the variables are equal and warns the error if they are not. But I don’t even know if I can stipulate the value of a variable without the user having access, I don’t know what to write in the IF for him to make that choice and I also don’t know if there is an easier way. Heaven, I’m lost haha

Updating, I researched some apps already made and found formulas like this. It seems right, but it doesn’t matter if I try a variable equal to a phrase or equal to another variable, when I test the answer the app always says it’s wrong (false in the IF function). I think I’m on the right path, but I don’t know what’s wrong

Hey,

here are the steps you would need to do in order to make this work:

1. Create a page variable (which I guess you did)
  2. Bind the page variable to the input field (“Value”)
  3. Dont manually set the page variable somehow!
    Then the IF condition should work as you have it.

Best,
Jo

1 Like