How do I setup the POST bindings for a Data Connector using textfields "login" and "password"?

Hi, I’m well versed in CRUD, yet I don’t understand how I’m supposed to login using a “login”, “password” field.

I’ve tried appVariables.login and .password being linked to the two inputs, but the problem seems to be on POST it treats them like GET bindings.

How do I setup the POST bindings for the login and password field? I can’t seem to get the “Test” run setup, so it’s likely this binding.

When I look at the Browser Console, I am expecting a payload with the login and password, but instead I see one with {"id":""}

EDIT 2: I now have set schema for the query and now the payload switched from the ID object to using app.credentials as plain text:

{“login”:“credentials.login”,“password”:“credentials.password”}

¯\(ツ)/¯ What the?

I still need some help with this. Any pointers?

Hi,

Would you mind providing more information, like screenshots? For instance, are you using AppGyver’s built-in Authentication or making your own? There are several videos on Youtube that will help you make a custom login: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=appgyver+custom+authentication

They’re not asking how to do authentication. Data components when using a data source that only has POST method enabled does not use that methods schema. For some inexplicable reason, you can only use schema set on an enabled GET method in your data source.

It’s a huge limitation of data components as it assumes there is a GET schema. When it doesn’t find it, it assumes nothing is there and just returns the id.

Data components when using a data source that only has POST method enabled does not use that methods schema.

That is because almost all current data components are meant to be used with get record collection request. There is a “Create form” data component that uses POST requests.

Furthermore, you can modify data components to include POST request schema, and overall adjust them to your needs.
https://docs.appgyver.com/docs/creating-a-data-component

That is a unnecessary limitation to impose. I made a feature request here: Data components should not require the GET method to be enabled on data sources | Voters | AppGyver

@Luis_Gonzalez, feel free to add any comments or additional info.