Recently I achieved a point where I am happy with the interface and the logic of my App.
Now I want to confirm the performance and responsiveness of the app with a realistic amount of data.
- firestore collection with 500 documents (created for testing).
- parameter for pageSize is set to 2.000 ( …?pageSize=2000 )
- in the App the collection is stored to a data-variable
- a row is repeated with this data variable
Observation in web preview and iOS preview:
- only 368 of 500 documents are downloaded. The incomplete number of 368 documents repeated several time to exactly this number.
- the responsiveness of the app slows down significantly. For instance it takes several seconds, after a clicked checkbox changes. This is even the case for a solitary checkbox without any logic or data-binding.
- please have a look on the video to see the slow performance.
- is the limitation to 368 documents for the download of a data-collection set intentionally as design of the Composer?
- is there a way to speed up the responsiveness of the checkboxes?
- @Mevi, @Mari ; to summarize: what design guideline do Composer-Apps have to follow, to process data and stay responsive at the same time?
- this question is a follow-up to a previous thread, that is already solved by @Mevi : Checkbox not responding, when repeated+bound with data variable