How to edit content of a component by formula executed from another component

Greetings,

I need to know how can I change the text (Not just the text, I am going to use this for more than just a label) by formula from another element. Basically, I have one component that has the formula and the code inside, and another component that I need to edit the text. How can I access this component with the formula code from the other one? Please this is a very important problem for my app! Thank you so much!

This is the way to do it:

1. Create a page variable that holds the ‘text’ value for the component 1.
  2. Bind component 1’s ‘Content’ property to the page variable.
  3. Edit the page variable using a formula via another component’s logic (“Set Page Variable” flow function). You can attach that to any event like “Component tap” or “On change” and have the content of Component 1 changed via the Page Variable (And the actual content itself via a formula).

Hope this helps. Let me know if that is not what you are after!

1 Like

Can you confirm that you have gone through all of the onboarding videos?

I may be wrong but I think this is quite well covered there. If not, please show what you have tried so that any assistance can be targeted to your issue. Screenshots of your current attempts would be useful.

1 Like

Well, this seems a bit excessive, there might be better ways to do it if I tell you what I need to do in detail. So my app is a metric converter, and I have a text label that shows the results of the conversion (for example the label would show in a conversion: 1 km (Kilometer) = 1000 m (Meters) ). The user presses a button after inserting the values that he needs to convert. Here is the interface of the app:
Screenshot 2022-06-16 162450

After the user presses the “Calculate” button, instead of the text “Please select values” it is going to show the example I made above. I need to know how to edit the text when the button is pressed in my scenario.

My suggestion does not change here. All you need to do is to have a flow function on button click that uses a formula to convert the value and set a page variable with it.

I also would like to agree with what @Phil_Evans has said.

2 Likes

Part 1, 2 and 4 will get you to your desired answer.

1 Like