How to generate Apple required screenshots and app previews in right format?

Hi Folks!
Publishing my first App…
Apple ask me for screenshots and app preview video in 5.5" - 1242x2208 and 6.5"1242x2688. Obviously (Murphy law), i don’t have the right model (5.8"). What’s the fastest and easiest way to generate this?
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Would really appreciate an answer to this really important questions also. It’s critical aspect of the app submission process.

I use Mockuphone

Edit: Let me add that the dimensions this tool produces may not be exact, but I use a graphic editing program like GIMP to resize/scale them to the dimensions Apple wants.

1 Like

thanks @JOHN_WORSHAM, will try this

1 Like

I dont own an Apple device so I literally have to screenshot from an Android, manually trim away the Android-specific status bar, upload the images into a Mockuphone Apple device, then re-scale them in a graphic program - without them looking stretched. It’s a complete hassle for me to go through all that for Apple but I have no choice.

1 Like

Thank you @JOHN_WORSHAM. This is really helpful! I am new to the Apple App Store submission process. Can you explain a little what you are referring to by “re-scaling”? Are you saying that you are literally adjusting their size to fit the dimensions that Apple requires, if they have such requirements, which it sounds like they do.

So when you get your images back from Mockuphone you need to use a graphic program to resize the image to the Apple spec (1242 x 2688 or 1242 x 2208…) but it cant look “stretched” or Apple will reject it. My program I use called “Gimp” lets you adjust the canvas size of the image, so it will resize the area around the device image without resizing and stretching the device. Then I can save that image to the exact size Apple wants.

1 Like

Thanks @JOHN_WORSHAM for your tips, i got my App approved by Apple 3 days ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is an all-star reponse. Thanks @JOHN_WORSHAM !!

1 Like