When exporting to Apple, and asked me to get two certificates. Now I predatorial is online of how to do this, but none of them seem to work when I plug the certificates in. Can someone please give me a detailed explanation of exactly what to do to open up both certificates and format them. I have an Apple developer account already.
Hi! What do you mean by “both certificates”? You only need one certificate (iOS distribution) in p12 format, and one mobile provision profile (made to match the iOS distribution certificate).
When exporting to apple, it says I have to have a distribution certificate. I made it with key chain and dragged the certificate in. Is there another step that I am missing?
These are the steps I use:
iPhone App Build Process
- Generate cert signing request (CSR) from your Mac.
- Login to your Apple Developer account, and go to: https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/certificates/list
- Use CSR to generate certs from your Apple Developer account.
a. If you plan on having a closed beta testing period, you’ll need to register test devices with your Developer Account and use Apple Configurator 2 (or Xcode) to install the app on those devices. You will need to generate an iOS Development cert for this process.
b. If you plan on having an open beta test period, you can use Apple TestFlight. Go to App Store Connect> Users and Access> People, then add and invite testers. You will need to generate an iOS Distribution cert for this process.
- Download cert to Mac, double click and install.
- Export cert as a p12 file, making sure to give CORRECT PASSWORD.
- Name your app appropriately - example: com.appname.website. This is your Bundle Identifier.
a. Make sure to use the correct app version number during Building iOS app process in AppGyver, such as 0.1.01 for beta apps, or 1.0 for live apps.
- Create App ID on Apple Dev site, using app name from one above as the Bundle Identifier
- Generate your Dev or Distro (Development or Distribution) provisioning profiles. Download them to your computer.
- In AppGyver, use the build service to build the app binary (IPA file). Depending on whether you intend to use TestFlight, you will either build using a Development or Distribution certs and provisioning profiles.
- Transporter – Once you have the app binary downloaded to your Mac, open (or download and open) the Transporter app. You will use this to push the build to App Store Connect.
a. Once you have a successful push, open App Store Connect in your browser, click on your app, and switch to the TestFlight tab. Here you will need to follow directions for adding the necessary items for beta testing. It is also here that you will add beta testers who have accepted your previous invite (so invite twice I think).
I have tried this process no less than 15 times over the past 3 days…and every time i get the same error message. Is there anyone that can please take a look at this for me?
Message: Detected incorrect certificate, should be a distribution certificate! Cert was: 0 valid identities found
Version: 2.4.28 Status: error Message: Detected incorrect certificate, should be a distribution certificate! Cert was: 0 valid identities found Version: 2.4.28 Status: error Message: Detected incorrect certificate, should be a distribution certificate! Cert was: 0 valid identities found
Apologies for the delayed reply. Not sure I received a notice of your question, or maybe I just missed it. Anyway, it sounds to me like you may not have a proper iOS Distribution Certificate added under iOS Build Settings> Certificates. See screenshot: (password removed for screenshot)
Do you see “iOS Distribution certificate added” in your settings?
Yes, I do see that
Lately I’ve been getting these new ones saying that I have to contact the support because it’s just not taking anything anymore. I think I got all of the things but it just won’t take it for some reason.
Hi! I’d need more information to be able to get someone to look into this – your user id (under https://accounts.appgyver.com/users/edit) and app id.