How to prevent landscape mode on an AppGyver Mobile App

Hello :wave:
On the app that I am currently working on, I don’t want the user to be able to turn their phone and flip it into landscape mode. How do I do this?

Hi Tristan, once you are building your app you’ll be able to choose to lock the screen orientation on the Bundle Settings tab:

There is a flow function Lock Screen to Orientation. I use that on my Global Canvas in the App Launched event to lock it to Portrait mode.

2 Likes

Is there a way to prevent the orientation from switching in a web app? I know we can’t control the browser, but I’d like my page contents to keep the same width whether they’re in portrait or landscape.

(My particular use case isn’t user friendly in landscape, so the user will switch back to portrait after seeing it anyway. However, the content that has expanded to fill landscape width is not resizing back to portrait width when switched back, so it’s cut off. I’d like it to not resize at all when rotated.)

1 Like

JOHN_WORSHAM: There is a flow function Lock Screen to Orientation. I use that on my Global Canvas in the App Launched event to lock it to Portrait mode.

I was looking for a way to force landscape for all screens in the app. This seems like the solution, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you found any solution for this problem ?

@Tadeu_Vieira , sorry for the very, very late reply. I wasn’t able to prevent the browser from switching to landscape, so instead I put max widths on my containers so that even if it rotates, they’ll keep their portrait orientation.

When the app first loads, I grab the screen width which I save as an app variable. I then use that as the width on the container that holds all my other components. (I use a saved style to keep it simple.)

Hi Mari. I am experiencing the same problem as reported by Tristan. I could not find this Bundle Setting. Is it available only when you start building the app or can I access it afterwards? I would like to have my app available in portrait mode only and now that is ready I cannot find a way to have it locked. By the way, when you select the ‘lock screen orientation’ it becomes valid for the whole app or do I need to do the same process for every individual page? Thanks a lot in advance for any tips and suggestions.

1 Like

Hello again Mari. I have managed to find it. I thought that this function was available in the process of building/designing the app but instead it comes out when we are preparing the submission to the app stores. Thanks anyway and sorry for any inconvenience.

Hi @Luiz_Valerio_de_Paul, that’s right :slight_smile: You can also use the “Lock Screen to Orientation” flow function, if you want to do it in the app.