How to use map component with multiple pins coming from a database

Hi, It’s been two weeks since I started on appgyver and everything is going fine up until I tried using the map component to display a map with more than 1 point of interest coming from a database.
What I want to do is to have in my database the coordinates, the name of the pin and a little description for the said point of interest.

The issue here is that when I take the coordinates from my database the pin never shows and I’ve no idea how to create multiple pins based on how much there is on the database instead of adding them by hand.

I’ve tried many things like creating a list of objects as a page variable to replace the basic list used by the component. I’ve tried forcing the latitude and longitude to Numbers (even though they are already numbers) by using the NUMBER method in the formula tab and many other things.

Can someone explain to me how to proceed in order to resolve my issue ?

Thanks, Edwin

1 Like

Hello Edwin, did you try to create a list variable with several fields and feed it with your informations by using a loop workflow ?

1 Like

That’s actually what I did and it works thanks !
In details I created a button to show the map but the real purpose of this button is to load the list of pins then I have 3 important page variables 1 being my count (like a “i” in a for loop) to access every element of the list in my database. then I compare this count with the number of elements inside my data in order to start the loop.
Then I create an object (2nd page variable) with every property a pin has and assign every variable with a page-variable workflow and then I append this to my list of pins(3rd page variable).
The final thing to do is to link the list to do the map and that’s pretty much it :slight_smile:

Hi EdwinL, this is exactly what I would like to implement into my App and still can’t figure it out. I have location data in database but strugle with showing multiple markers on my map. Would it be possible for you to share some screenshots of this process? My goal is to show my actual location (which is working right now) and places from my database, but for now I focus at least on places from database. I’m absolutely no-code pearson so little bit lost right now.
Thank you very much for any help with this.