I do not want to see result of formula until button is pushed

I have a formula where I have the user enter several numbers. These numbers will be computed by a formula that I set up. The result of the formula is output in a text box. The problem is I don’t want the result to show up until all the number are entered and after the button is pushed. I cannot tie the button to the text box. I don’t want to put the delay logic on the button. I cannot assign the result to another variable so that I can tie the button to that 3rd variable. I want to use Javascript code to accomplish this except I read in the tutorial that the input variables will be static. So I am a bit frustrated. Can anyone help?

The straightforward solution is to bind the result text box to a page variable. On page focus, set this variable to an empty string so there is no result shown yet. On the “Component tap” event for your button, simply do the calculation from all your input variables, and assign the result to the page variable (to which you bound the results text box).

But you said “I cannot assign the result to another variable so that I can tie the button to that 3rd variable” but I don’t understand why you don’t want to (or can’t do this).

You can certainly pass your various inputs to a JavaScript block, but that is way more work than is required for this problem. Unless your computation requires some exotic math that is not available in the standard formula editor.

So I tried it again. I did not know that there was duplicate steps that I had to do. Anyway, I want to do something simple formula before I apply it to a complex formula I am thinking about. Thank you for all your input. I was about to give up on it.