I found a way to get YouTube videos to play on Appgyver app using the “open video player” in logic!

I found a way to get YouTube videos to play on Appgyver app using the “open video player” in logic!

I saw from other pasts that to get a video to play you need to have the direct video link. You can get the direct video link to your YouTube videos by downloading VLC media player and following these steps:

There is a easy way to find youtube direct video link using VLC Media Player. Open VLC → Media → Open Network Stream → Network → Enter the youtube link (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKEy_RWwQk).
Now open the playlist-> Right click on Video-> Information → You will find the below part of the screen in location textbox. This is the direct link of the video. You can open it in browser or save it to your local system.

Then you just paste the direct video link for your video into the open video player logic in Appgyver. I also created image stills of the videos, and then linked the image to the open video player.

I found the info on how to get the direct video link from Youtube here.

And since the videos I’m inserting into my app are videos that I created myself and uploaded to YouTube, I think it’s okay. I hope this helps others!

12 Likes

Thanks for that information, this worked for me.

I’m glad. (smiling at you)

thanks a lot (smiling at you aswell)

1 Like

On my mac, I don’t see the location. The VLC player starts playing the video and there are no options to get the location. Can someone help me how to get the direct link? I would to play the youtube video within my app.

As to my limited knowledge (No offense… but I am a so called Mac-hater; so thus I am seriously limited) iframe automatically sandboxes loaded pages… So you are going to have to use a third party app. And actually VLC was my personal best-bet :frowning:

Maybe try the download/analyze option from VideoProc? (you don’t have to purchase it for this feature to work)
Never tried it out on a mac but it gives back a good amount of information about the analyzed video link.
You have to go to “Downloader” and from there “Add Video” where you paste a link to the video and then hit the analyze button.

1 Like

Not sure how to do these steps below:

Now open the playlist-> Right click on Video-> Information → You will find the below part of the screen in location textbox. This is the direct link of the video. You can open it in browser or save it to your local system.

i have did the above steps but still not getting at appgyver part can any one send their snapshot of
work place. its urgent.

@Chris_Ramnarace
i have did the above steps but still not getting at appgyver part can any one send their snapshot of
work place. its urgent.