Import - Export is now available!

Dear community,

We are proud to announce the release of a long-awaited feature: Application import / export.

You can export your app by simply clicking the download icon in the app listing:

And later on import it while creating a new one by attaching the downloaded file:

Let us know what you think!

8 Likes

Is that for backup purposes?

1 Like

Thanks so much AppGyvers I waited sooo long for this feature. Great job.

Jens :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

why don’t you try to get the build service working first?

2 Likes

Could you clarify what is being exported? Can one export an app to become an Android or IPhone standalone app or something else?

@Pensive_Introvert

This is the import/export for AppGyver projects. You can export your app and import it to another account, share with a friend/colleague, etc.

1 Like

@Fred_Kuzyk

Not only for backup, also for sharing and transferring.

3 Likes

This is excellent! Good job.

2 Likes

GREAT FEATURE.

I have tried it and so far so good.

Now I can deliver the apps to my clients.

THANK YOU

3 Likes

Amazing!! Is this going to be available on SAP BTP?

1 Like

Amazing!! Is this going to be available on SAP BTP?

Yes, it will be available there

1 Like

Hi Kirill_Leventcov, by when this feature is planned in the BTP portal?

Thanks
Shridhar

This should help when it comes to import/export with SAP Build Apps, especially when trying to import a community Appgyver project into SAP Build Apps

@Kirill_Leventcov
hello, you may have a look at this blog: Appgyver project import/export feature with SAP Build Apps Free Tier. | SAP Blogs

Hi @Shridhar_Shetty & @Joe_Lees,

Import/Export is now available on SAP BTP. Read more here: SAP Help Portal

1 Like

Hi @Piotr_Tesny,

Thank you for sharing your blog. I am afraid that the method described in the blog is incorrect and might intervene with core functionality. Apps imported the following way may not appear in Lobby and might be lost. Using the /apps is not intended, as Build Lobby should be your single point of truth.

Nevertheless, it was really smart of you to try reverse engineering SAP Build Apps using the community edition :slight_smile:.

Hi @Kirill_Leventcov , Thanks for your comments; I updated my blog with the pointer to SAP Help; just a comment; when I am using SAP Builds Apps Free Tier it is strictly for personal use; it is really a playground to explore things and to learn…keep on with the good job…

2 Likes