Inserting values from a paragraph/input field that has variables already set into database

Hi Folks

I really feel quite embarrassed to ask this.

How do I write an input field/paragraphs value to the database, when that value is coming from a page variable?

I will explain more by example.
I’ve used the pick date flow logic (which is applied to an icon), and have a paragraph field displaying the date selected. The paragraph and date picker icon is placed inside a container and row.

The page Variable of dateSelected is text.
The “date” field in database is set to text.
The Pick Date flow logic is set to text.

The flow logic on the icon is:

the page variable is set as follows:

The paragraph has the content value as the page variable

All that is working great!

I have a button on the page, which will do the create record.

I tried the following, but nothing seems to work (other than confusing myself):

• applying a ‘Set Data variable’ flow logic to the paragraph.
  • The flow logic on the button, from the ‘component tap’ adding a ‘set data variable’, then ‘create record’. With the ‘Resource Name’ and ‘Record properties’ pointing to the API.
  • the flow logic on the button, from the ‘component tap’ adding a ‘create record’, again with having ‘Resource Name’ and ‘Record properties’ pointing to the API.
  • having no flow logic on the paragraph and configuring the ‘create record’ flow logic on ‘Resource Name’ and ‘Record properties’ pointing to the API.
  • having no flow logic on the paragraph and configuring the ‘create record’ flow logic on the button so the ‘record properties’ are mapped object with properties.

Or, is there a tutorial video I can reference?

Karen

This is resolved. I found my solution.