iOS Build Error: "Command failed with exit code 1 (EPERM): pod update"

I’m receiving an error when attempting an iOS build. Below is what I believe to be the relevant snippet:

FAILED with ERROR: 

[!] Error installing Crashlytics
[!] /usr/bin/curl -f -L -o /var/folders/0b/73bz6c_d0p7fhk9ql948r7rw0000gn/T/d20210708-78164-rkzyw6/file.zip https://kit-downloads.fabric.io/cocoapods/crashlytics/3.14.0/crashlytics.zip --create-dirs --netrc-optional --retry 2 -A 'CocoaPods/1.10.1 cocoapods-downloader/1.4.0'
 % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
 Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

Command failed with exit code 1 (EPERM): pod update

Warning: the running version of Bundler (2.1.2) is older than the version that created the lockfile (2.1.4). We suggest you to upgrade to the version that created the lockfile by running `gem install bundler:2.1.4`.

Error: Command failed with exit code 1 (EPERM): pod update
    at makeError (/Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/node_modules/rnv/node_modules/execa/lib/error.js:58:11)
    at handlePromise (/Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/node_modules/rnv/node_modules/execa/index.js:112:26)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

│                                                                              │
│  Project location:                                                           │
│  ./platformBuilds/app_283444_ios/RNVApp.xcworkspace                          │
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
exec: 53.047s
remove temp package: 1.882ms
ypx: 53.178s

But you may view the entire log for more context.

169117-error.log (343.6 KB)

Overall, it seems to be something to do with installing the Crashlytics dependency. Looks like this process attempts to install Crashlytics multiple times before throwing an exception related to failed authentication.

The only thing I edited between the previous build and this new one is the height of some elements as well as uploading custom app icons. I can’t imagine how either of those changes would contribute to a crash like this. But I can revert and retest if needed.

Thanks for your help!

I’m receiving similar problems when building with 2.8.31 and 2.8.33 runtimes. I’m using 2.6.8 for now and it seems to be working, although doing so breaks some formatting on my app.