IOS Build Fail - Help!

I know this is not a new problem (we are all hitting unique hurdles) but I thought I would put lots of detail in the my topic to get help and also clarify the steps…as this stuff seems to be a mystery to lots of us. I think I am getting this mostly correct but clearly not 100%.

Key thing here is I am using Windows 10 to generate the Apple certifcate and key file. Eventually, I am getting this; Message: Codesign Error: ‘0 valid identities found’. You might have generated a new certificate in the Apple Developer Center, but you have not generated a new provisioning profile which matches the new certificate. Please generate and upload a new provisioning profile, then request a new build.

What I have done;

In Windows 10, using OpenSSL. There are lots of examples on web, here is a youtube link:

Create the key file with command line 1.
Create the .certSigningRequest file with command line 2.

Use the .certSigningRequest file created in 2. to create and download the .cer file.

Create the App Identifier. One quirky thing I noticed is that the organisation name on my app developer account is ‘organisation name’ + ‘ – ‘ + ‘team id’….which strikes me as odd and doesn’t seem to be normal compared to screen shots I have seen for other accounts…most likely not a problem though…

Create the provision profile in Apple Developer;

Two more command lines to create the firstly a .pem file, which in turn is used to create a .p12 file;

In summary, I have created all in yellow.

1 is created using a command line to in turn create 2 using a command line (with details from Apple Developer Account.
2 is uploaded to Apple Developer to create Distribution Certificate and 3 associated .cer download
4 is downloaded from Apple Developer (creation of provision profile)
5 is created to in turn create 6 (which is 3 [the certificate] bundled with 1 [the key file])
6 and 4 go into the build

If anyone can help, please do. I have spent the past two days figuring out this process which is all over the internet but takes a while to put together. Hopefully this helps someone, and hopefully someone can help me!

Thanks
Paul

A follow up; I can see in my .mobileprovision file, Apple has named the APP ID with a numbers before the com.domain.app convention. BUT I cannot replicate this in the Build settings…I get a red error message if I attempt to put numbers in. Is this my problem?

@Cecilia
Hi Cecilia
Any chance you could take a look at this…I have review a hundred times and I am doing the openssl part of this correctly, but the build keeps failing…am all out of ideas!
Thanks

Hey sorry for the super late response! I understand the frustration well :sweat:

Are you still not able to build? Have you gotten an error log to your email about the build failing?

Hey @Cecilia … I am getting a similar error (with the similar extra numbers&letters), but no log file is generated from the error, on the site or in the email.

Same here… have you a solution for us ?

Hi Cecilia

I dont get an error log as such…i just get the description mentioned above, no other hints about what it is;
Message: Codesign Error: ‘0 valid identities found’. You might have generated a new certificate in the Apple Developer Center, but you have not generated a new provisioning profile which matches the new certificate. Please generate and upload a new provisioning profile, then request a new build.

But I gave up with trying to do it with Windows and eventually found a friend who had an old Apple Macbook and was able to build it on a Mac without any problems. I am not sure I would recommend anyone try the above because i spent probably three weeks trying to troubeshoot it and still failed…but on the other hand, I now need to borrow a friends laptop everytime I need to build :slight_smile:

Thanks
Paul

Paul - I even tried with a borrowed MacBook, and same issue.