iOS Build issue

Hi,

I’ve followed the exact build steps in the official documentation as well as some forum suggested steps, can one of te Appgyver Dev’s please look into my iOS build failing? App Build Id: 213975
App Victory Church Jbay.

Thanks a lot!

Good day! Any update on this?

Can the Appgyver support team please assist with this? the build page says I need to contact support, but I don’t know of an email I can use, so this is the only platform I know of to ask for assistance from the dev team

Hi, any update on this?

Hi, sorry for the delay in reply! Did you get a build log to your email when your build failed? If you did, I would check that to see what the error was.

Hi Cecilia,

It unfortunately does not give me an error log in the email, It did the first few times, but then I redid my certificate and provisioning profile, now It just says error, contact support for more info.

alright sorry for the inconvenience! :slightly_frowning_face: we’ll check the app, what runtime were you using when building?

Uhm the latest one from a week or 2 ago. I think it was 2.10.2

Could you try building again, in case it would work now with runtime 2.12.2? If it doesn’t, can I get your app id, i.e. the number sequence found in the app’s url.

It just failed again wit hruntime 2.12.2.

Error in the email was:

"Your build for application Victory Church Jbay Tester ended up failing.

We detected at least the following error in the build:

Unknown error, contact support for more details."

my App ID is 213975

and no log in your email again?

No it doesn’t have a log.

this is the whole email:

"Your build for application Victory Church Jbay Tester ended up failing.

We detected at least the following error in the build:

Unknown error, contact support for more details.

Build settings can be found at https://platform.appgyver.com/build_service/build_settings/177867."

Alright, thanks for all the info! We’ll check it our more closely :slight_smile:

Hi @Cecilia any update on this?

@Cecilia just an update, Now my Android build is giving me the same error without an error log in the email.

Hey,

sorry for the delay in following up! There is an issue with error logs not coming in emails, we’re working on that now to provide more info about why builds are failing. We checked your app, and there seems to be another bug related to the build. So nothing you’re doing wrong, and we’re fixing that bug right now. Thanks for your patience, the issue should be resolved soon!

Thanks @Cecilia ! Appreciate the communication and feedback. Keep me posted!

Hi @Cecilia, any update on the iOS build? I tried both builds again this morning, and now Android builds but iOS still doesn’t. the iOS email still doesn’t have an error log though.

Are you making progress on your end?

Hey! Hmm odd, the bug that was first causing the error is now fixed, probably that’s why the Android build is now going through… our team is now checking your app id once more to see what the issue is, I’ll let you know what they find! Thanks again for your patience and sorry for all the trouble :sweat:

Alright now I got some more info, apparently the provisioning profile is not the correct file. Please check your iOS build assets once more, here’s our docs about it if you want to double check everything :slight_smile: