Issue building iOS and Android

Hi dear Appgyver Team,

I have not been able to create any build for iOS and Android and this is the message what went wrong:

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:app:packageReleaseBundle’.

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: jarsignerfailed with exit code 1 :
jarsigner: Certificate chain not found for: [object Object]. [object Object] must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

Can you help me identify what to do? Thank you!

App ID Build 366599

Greetings,
Lissuin

So one update: After trying out so many options I found the solution for Android:
I did not realize you have to put in the Keystore alias password as well (its the same as the Keystore password). I actually left it empty before. Now Android build is all set up!

But iOS, I have rebuild the certificate twice now and cannot see my mistake still. Unfortunately the failure message has no information on what is wrong:

"Your build for application Soul Power App ended up failing.

We detected at least the following error in the build:

Unknown error, contact support for more details.

Build settings can be found at AppGyver - Composer Pro.

Best regards,
AppGyver Team"

Can you please look into it an help me find the topic? I feel a little lost, but I guess it must still have to do with the certificates somehow.

Lissuin

It is just funny, because I tried so many things for two week. Now this was my solution:

So for iOS I followed again the process of creating the correct certificates on the Apple Developer website and then went back to the keychain to create the p12 file (as written here: How to make a p12 file for iOS: 2020 Update - Calvium). Its important, that if you create a new certificate or p12, you also have to create a new provisioning profile. They have to absolutly match! So everything has to be renewed everytime you make a new certificate.
I didn’t realize before, that all steps are actually interconnected. So be careful here! No mixing of old and new distribution certificates / p12 files / developer profiles etc.

Oh and what I did wrong the first time was also (look at step 3 of How to make a p12 file for iOS: 2020 Update - Calvium) that I could not find the exact pair of key + certificate and extracted the wrong p12. I had to delete the old versions and then make a complete new set of certificate + key pair to have the right combination.

Hope that helps.
Lissuin

2 Likes

Hi Lissuin

Thanks for sharing. Quick question…I agree with the idea of having to start everything again when you fail, but with my account, I cannot delete the identifier (am getting a message that it has already been used in App Connect…).
Did you encounter that? What was the process of deleting the identifier for you or is that part of the process you didn’t need to repeat each time?

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

you are right, I have not changed the identifier. I only created new certificates (including the signing certificate that is created on your computer) and profiles. I realized my mistake was in how I extracted the p12 file and that I had not matched the p12 file with the new provisioning profile (in the build settings for iOS, go to bundle settings and change the provisioning profile, matching with your p12 file)

Lissuin