Large image list item

hi, i am very new to AppGyver. I imported an Image List Item component with image, title and description (retrieved from a collection on Firebase) into my app. The descriptions are very long (over 10 lines). What I would like to do is display the first 3 lines at most and then if the user clicks on the item, open a new page with the complete description. How do I do it ??? Thanks a lot to everyone !

1 Like

In the value property of the description use the “TRUNCATE(repeated.current.description, 36)”.
Then add a new page, and an open page logic to the component tap event of the repeated item’s logic canvas.

Of course edit the Truncate formula to your data record and also the length you need. And please check out the documentation for more details. It is pretty well described there.

https://docs.appgyver.com/docs/truncate

1 Like

Hi, Thanks, so I have to use “formula” instead of “data item in repeat” to be able to insert the TRUNCATE function ??? This on the documentation is not there; D thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly. Well… this is in the beginning of the docs. Where the major concepts are described.