List Item sub elements linked to page on click

Hi There,

I’m sure this is possible but haven’t been able to find any mention of it in the community as of yet, but I’m struggling to make use of a list Item as a link to a page.

I’ve set the “on tap” action to go to a new page and that works when I tap on the empty space within a list item, but not on any of the sub-components of a list item (i.e. the image, title or arrow). If I tap any of those, nothing happens.

If I enter isolation mode, and try set up an “open page” action on individual sub-component tap events, it won’t let me.

Any ideas to get those sub-items to navigate you to a page?

I’m still getting use to the builder and terminology, so a step by step formula would help loads! Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Suppose you have added Icon list item component as below

Select it then link as below

After that double click Icon list item component to enter isolation mode

Select value, add Trigger event and set its value to the Label tab event

Do the same for the arrow.

Cheers

Hi! Thanks so much for the quick response, however I forgot to mention, I’m using Image list Items and not icon list items. In your screenshot, the event “Icon tap” and “label tap” doesn’t come up for a image list Item unfortunately.

Any suggestions?

No worries. It is the same concept.

Enter isolation mode and add a Trigger Event for each component. See a picture below for the label componenet

thanks, I was able to get it working after creating a custom event within the list item.

I am having the same problem, however, I cannot find where the “Event Icon Tap” and “Event Label Tap” components are located or how to add them. They are NOT shown in the Core Logic and I cannot find them in the Logic Marketplace.

I am having the same problem, however, I cannot find where the “Event Icon Tap” and “Event Label Tap” components are located or how to add them. They are NOT shown in the Core Logic and I cannot find them in the Logic Marketplace.

The Event Icon tab is Component tab as below

Appreciate the quick reply; but that does not answer my question. I am trying to have a list item link to another page, as Jo_Coetzer described. I saw your original explanation and attempted to try that. I isolate the list item, then select the image icon or the arrow icon but I am unable to find the components your described in your previous answer: “Even Icon Tap” and “Event Label Tap”.

In normal mode not Isolation mode, Select the Icon list item component you will see the events right alway in the nodes section…

Thanks Mazen, but when I do exactly as you describe, the only component in the field is the Event Component Tap. However, I went to a new page, added a new List component, and in this instance the Event Icon Tap and Event Label Tap components are there. So I attempted to “copy” them and past them back into the page where they are missing - however you cannot copy input/output nodes, as I’m sure you’re aware. So I will have to find another solution unless you can tell me how to replace those missing nodes. I will delete all the items and try reentering them to see if that solves the problem.

Well, you have two modes here.

Normal Mode
When you click the Incon list item, you will have three events already set for you as shown in my last reply.

When you enter isolation mode of the Icon list Item
Isolation Mode
Each component, such as icon, label, the arrow will have a Component tab event that you can link it to a trigger event.

All the best

Mazen, I should have been clear; I am using an “image” list, not and “icon” list. I noted in your response to Jo, who is also using an Image list, that the procedure is the same. However, I have deleted all the items and reenter them into the container. I placed one “image list” and one “icon list” - the icon list component contains the Event Icon Tap and Event Label Tap nodes - the image list component does NOT contain either of them, only the Event Component Tap. When you add the “open page” component, link them together and select the page to open, it does NOT function as both Jo and I have experienced. Apparently there is no way to get an image list item to link to another page. It appears that Jo found another solution so I will have to find a work-around. Still, this is an excellent platform.

I placed one “image list” and one “icon list” - the icon list component contains the Event Icon Tap and Event Label Tap nodes - the image list component does NOT contain either of them, only the Event Component Tap.

On second thought: I started to realize what you meant, so I went in and did manage to bind the three List logic components to three separate pages outside of isolation mode. The Icon Tap and Label Tap nodes did open the correct pages. The Component Tap node seems to be redundant as it did not open the set page.

Mind you, if you choose to build your own list component from scratch or convert the list item to a container as described below, in theory, it’s as simple as selecting each text/icon/image component individually and binding logic to them.

Hint: Your list item component does not need to be a composite component (requiring isolation mode) in most cases to actually repeat it.

Original answer:
@Steven_Ross I think I know what you’re referring to. You cannot bind many logic components like Open Page when a component like a list item is a composite.

There are two ways around this:

1. Rebuild the list item manually with containers and icon, and then add your own logic,

2. Convert the composite into a regular container by entering isolation mode (double-clicking) and tapping the indicated icon in the picture below:

Frankly, I’d recommend the second method as it preserves those logic functions.

Thanks for the advice Dominik; I will give it a shot.

Hi

Did you get anywhere with this functionality?
I have tried using this 1NM_-HLj1Xx5YBJWnZ8B-w
I wanted to open Google Chrome and Navigate to a webpage when a user clicked “See More” but I couldn’t get it to work properly.

I started my own thread but thought I’d ask here:

Josh