Loading Multiple Map Markers (MAP Formula)

Hello everyone,

I’m new to AppGyver, although I do have experience with other no-code and visual coding platforms. For my app, I want to load a bunch of markers onto a map. There’s another question on this forum relating to this topic, though I’m having trouble following along as a beginner.

I want to save my map markers using the built-in AppGyver Cloud Storage. (I don’t really want to use an external API because they all cost money and my budget is $0.) I’m currently planning to save them like so:

Please let me know if there’s a better/easier way to do this.

The main problem I’m facing is loading the markers onto a map using the MAP formula. Could someone please help me with this?

I apologize if this is super obvious or if I’m doing anything blatantly wrong. This is my first app!

Thanks in advance!

You don’t need to use MAP Formula if you have the marker data available to you in correct schema, i.e. if it’s a List of Objects that has properties as defined by the Embedded map view component.

MAP Formula would be needed if your data format was in different schema or had different names for properties. MAP would then be used to transform the available data to a format that is accepted by the Embedded map view component.

But in your case as you can define the schema from scratch as AppGyver Cloud Storage resource, you can make the schema match the one of the Embedded map view component exactly. So add the map component to canvas and open the Markers to render property binding and see what properties are needed and what are their names. Then copy those exactly to you Data resource schema. (I’m talking about this view:)